$300 955i Daytona

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Duffey, Sep 1, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Duffey

Duffey New Member

Aug 11, 2013
    I just bought my 37th motorcycle, (my first Triumph) an '03 955i Daytona for a whopping $300 U.S. Of course it is trashed beyond recognition. The fairing is gone, brackets bend, radiator bent, right front peg snapped, right rear peg gone, seat pan broke, wiring harness hand made, rear seat is just tape, brakes are weak, front tire wiggles, left rear set bent, tank scratched, mirrors gone, grips taped on, and the list goes on and on. So far: new dry break fuel connectors (Dealer didn't even have them, but pulled out a stainless steel aftermarket pair for $67), new battery and used clutch cable ($54), bar ends drilled out and bar end mirrors installed ($36), oil and filter change ($32), plates and registration ($125), and insurance ($120 a year). A running 150hp 10 year old superbike for a grand total (so far) of $734.
    The BIG issues: How do I convert the clip on bars to the upright handle bars of the Speed Triple? My wrists and back are killing me.
    The dash is a continuous glitch. Turns on and off every few seconds, won't keep current trip miles, time or temp. Still retains total mileage (67500) but only when it is on.
    Can I drill holes in the top triple clamp and just add the handle bar mounts or do I need to get a Sprint or Speed Triple fork top?
    Any help with aftermarket products would be a huge benefit as the local dealers seem to know nothing or just not give a damn about the old bird.
    Thanks.

2. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Good question re the bars.. Clip on's are a lot easier to add than higher bars.. Make sure your cables are long enough!
    Triumph have always used interchangeable parts so I would think the top clamp off the old Speed would fit and be an option...