675 3 Years Old And 3 Owners

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by RAYK47, Apr 19, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. RAYK47

RAYK47 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2019
    Herts
    Should I be bothered if a bike has had 3 owners in 3 years.

Found this on autotrader and it looks great but its 80miles from my home so I am unsure if I should make the journey.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classi...ET TRIPLE&year-from=2013&price-to=5500&page=1

The owner said he had an accident on his GSXR so bought this to gain his confidence back and teach his children quitting is not the right thing to do. He also said insurance companies were unsure of insuring him on another sports bike after the accident but now he is able to get insurance so wants to go back to another GSXR. It sounds a genuine reason but the 3 owners in 3 years is playing on my mind.

2. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    I would not be too worried given its mileage and apparent condition. Have you done a vehicle check to ascertain mileage, accident free etc? I suspect late model 675s have turned over with the 765 and plenty change their bike more often than their underwear!
    I would happily view it but take a knowledgeable mate if you doubt your own nose for issues. Bargain the price down too. He is slightly optimistic for a Private Sale. £4,350? There are plenty out there and more will appear by the week.

3. RAYK47

RAYK47 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2019
    Herts
    Thanks for the reply.

Autotrader said it was 83 miles away but Google maps says it 114. Might be a little too far.

4. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Could’ve been a demo or pre registered making the first owner the dealer :)
    If you get it and keep it for a few years then the amount of owners will look better :)
    Personally I wouldn’t worry about number of owners and would be more concerned about service history and condition :)

Just buy it :imp:.....it’s BLACK :cool:

5. RAYK47

RAYK47 Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2019
    Herts
    114miles is one hell of a trek though.

6. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Dont say that to @Dozers Dad

Second owner could have been a dealer too.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    If you really wanted it - mileage to view wouldn't be an issue. As my dad used to say - you know when it's right and don't make a hasty decision.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. stinger

stinger Senior Member

Nov 28, 2017
    Yarnbrook
    3 owners 3 years not something that would concern me. My ST3 had 2 owners in 2 years and 1459 miles. First owner was a dealer, barely run in.
    TBH if 114 miles is putting you off i would say the bike is not for you.

9. Hamburg

Hamburg Senior Member

Dec 12, 2018
    Oxford, UK
    I wouldn’t worry about the number of owners, I’d focus on condition, documented service history etc. Lots of people buy a bike, don’t use it, and then sell it on.

• Agree Agree x 1