765 2024 Street Triple Pillion Seat

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by Broady, Apr 10, 2024.

1. Broady

Broady New Member

Apr 10, 2024
    Palm Beach Queensland
    hey guys …. currently on a Trident but very keen on the new ST3’s but the lovely dove isn’t keen on the seat, cant blame her looks pretty uncomfortable stuck up in the air like that … wondering if its possible to remove the seat and rear seat mounting and have a single seat run through on the level … might take away from the aesthetics but rather that than stay on the Trident :) … any tips?

2. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    #2 Eldon, Apr 11, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2024
    I had a 2nd layer of foam plus a gel pad added to my 765 gen 1 rear seat.
    Obviously it needed a new cover adding seeing as it was now about an inch taller and cost about £80 all in.
    Not super fantastic comfort wise but certainly an improvement.

IMG-20220504-WA0017.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  3. Baza

Baza Elite Member

Jul 25, 2020
    Amazing Grace
    No, the pillion seat is a joke. I now have a cowl and have removed the pillion footrests. If you are into pillion riding dare I say you have chosen the wrong machine.

On a more positive note you will find that all pillion seats tend to be higher than the rider’s. If they weren’t the passenger’s view ahead would be restricted and helmet clash on braking would be difficult to avoid.

I doubt very much if you could achieve a dual seat, solely because of the way each seat fixes to the machine. My advice would be to seek out a reputable upholsterer and visit them with the machine. Whilst it may necessitate the sacrifice of the OE seat I see no reason why this cannot be modified to provide a greater platform area padded to suit your young lady’s requirements.

• Agree Agree x 1