2024 Scrambler 900 Exhaust

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Eric27, May 20, 2024.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Eric27

Eric27 Member

Jan 14, 2019
    Canada
    Just got my new 2024 900 Scrambler and want to get rid of the catalytic converter and install after market exhaust.
    Any recommendations?
    Do I need to get the bike remapped?
    Thanks

2. Jimbo1950

Jimbo1950 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2022
    Scotland
    I had a 2019 Scrambler 900 and I was able to get a British Customs decat pipe (ironically from the USA and I was told the last one in the UK) which was marked "for offroad use only" and once fitted the ECU adjusted itself. I didn't however fit replacement silencers, I found the "blat blat" with the OEM silencers fruity enough. HOWEVER, I suspect that you'll find it more difficult to source and fit a decat pipe to a Euro5 compliant 2024 Scrambler as Triumph have welded the end pipes to the cat and made it more difficult to mess around with the exhaust system on the latest bikes. But try British Customs, they may have a solution.

3. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    #3 Pegscraper, May 27, 2024
    Last edited: May 27, 2024
    On the new Scramblers the CAT has been moved from the collector box where the 2 headers join, to the rear silencer unit. There is also an extra sensor in the rear of the exhaust which will bring up an ECU error code if removed so some sort of fix will be needed for that. Apparently the ECU's on the Euro 5 bikes have anti tamper software, plus I don't believe they will "recalibrate" to the same degree as on the older spec bikes. Strangely enough, my new Euro 5 spec Scrambler 1200 fuels better just off tickover than my old 2020 Street Scrambler did which was prone to cutting out until I fitted a fuel plug.

Now come on, don't be naughty! Be a good citizen and STOP FUCKING ABOUT WITH YOUR MOTORCYCLE!!:joy:

4. Eric27

Eric27 Member

Jan 14, 2019
    Canada
    Thanks
    Things may be different in Canada.
    Cheers

5. Eric27

Eric27 Member

Jan 14, 2019
    Canada
    Thanks
    I need to check things out a little more. Canada rules might be different

6. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Good point. Euro 5 is obviously a spec for vehicles in the European Union, plus the UK even though we aren't in it any more:mad:. AFAIK Canada follows US federal emission standards whatever they are.

7. Special K

Special K New Member

Wednesday
    Norway
    Eric,

Is there a reason you want to remove your catalytic converter? I just installed Total Triumph´s Guy Martin exhaust (see picture attached), and the sound is crazy loud even with the cat still in place. Installed some baffles to it and it even feels like there is alot more power. You dont have to remap. Either start the bike cold and let it idle until the fan comes on, wait for 12 minutes, and then its done, or just drive with it and it will remap itself over time.

IMG_5449.jpg

8. Eric27

Eric27 Member

Jan 14, 2019
    Canada
    Thanks for your input. I thought a cat delete would help “wake it up”
    a bit. Your bike looks great. I don’t want crazy loud, just a little louder. I also want to just get on it and ride, not wait 12 minutes.
    Cheers