2022 T100 / Mirror Extenders

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Seedman, Dec 29, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Seedman

Seedman Member

Oct 30, 2022
    Maryland USA
    Sent you private message....I think!

2. Older'nWiser

Older'nWiser New Member

Jan 12, 2022
    Knoxville
    This is easier than indicated in these threads. I bought some chrome moly tubing from Metals USA. They have an in stock tube that has an inside diameter only .004 larger than the mirror shaft. the wall thickness is .062. I ordered it cut into 6 inch lengths. Cut your mirror shafts in half. then insert the halves into the tubing. See where you want them to be, extension wise. Pull them apart, sand the mirror ends several inches from the cuts. put a good epoxy on the ends and put them back together. Take care to clock the mirrors correctly. In 8 hours or less, you're ready to go. I painted the mirror shafts black. It looked right on my T100.

3. Seedman

Seedman Member

Oct 30, 2022
    Maryland USA
    That's a thought. I am going to try the extenders I purchased from member "Rob The Scot" first. Thank you very much for your input...much appreciated!

4. Rob the Scott

Rob the Scott Active Member

Dec 14, 2022
    New Jersey
    No hurry, but still curious [and hopeful] that the extenders work for you, with photos to show the end result. :)

5. IrishNachos

IrishNachos New Member

Monday
    Texas, USA
    Seedman, did the extenders work for you? I'm having the same issue with my T100 where I can't get the extenders to attach to the mounting location of the original mirrors.

6. Seedman

Seedman Member

Oct 30, 2022
    Maryland USA
    Hello!

I never ended up using the extenders. The dealer had the mirror heads (?) turned 180 degrees inward such that the view to the rear was compromised a bit. I rotated them outward 180 degrees so that more of the mirror head and therefore mirror surface area was more to the outside. This increased the visibility adequately enough for me and I am happy with the rearward view.