2020 Street Twin Mods

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Sage Craver NREMT, Mar 4, 2021.

Tags:
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. So coming from a cheap Jap bike I actually really like the soft suspension and find it really comfortable. And I'm really interested in removing the CAT, should I do the X pipe or the full system?
    Also I keep hearing about removing the snorkel in the air intake, do you know what that's referring to? I'm looking to really derestrict this bike and get as much power as I can from the engine.

2. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    I fitted a Motone X-pipe and TEC end cans and left the standard headers. I don't think replacing the whole system will give you any more power (I spoke to George Milburn at TEC about this). The benefit would be in weight-saving. The original headers are double skinned, so relatively heavy. The original end cans weigh twice as much as the TEC replacements.
    As for removing the air intake snorkel, I can't see that it would make much difference. If I'm correct it's behind the left side panel and designed to draw air in and direct the flow. As a relatively low-performance engine I don't think it would benefit much by butchering the plastic intake. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

3. Efreda3742

Efreda3742 New Member

May 10, 2021
    Stoneham, Ma
    #23 Efreda3742, May 10, 2021
    Last edited: May 10, 2021
    Nice to know I’m not the only person in this boat. Just bought a 2020 street twin back in November, painfully traded in my old Honda shadow VLX and now I’ve entered a whole new world of fuel injection and other bells and whistle I was never accustomed to before. Any tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated. I saw that snorkel removal you posted on that dudes mod thread, I’m not the greatest tinkerer but that seemed on my level. So far I’ve only added a motone helmet lock and tail pack so I don’t always need to take backpack.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Efreda3742

Efreda3742 New Member

May 10, 2021
    Stoneham, Ma
    Trying to install motone luggage rails bilaterally but I have the motone helmet luck under my right shock already. Anyone have any experience if these are compatible?