765 2020 Street Triple 765rs First Few Weeks Of Ownership. Likes And Dislikes.

Discussion in 'Street Triple' started by Dark Rider, Aug 30, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dark Rider

Dark Rider Senior Member

Mar 10, 2020
    Cape Town, South Africa
    A few of my thoughts on my new bike. A couple annoyances mixed in with the brilliance. Overall I am very happy and love this bike to bits! Enjoy :)

2. DWW!

DWW! New Member

Sep 1, 2020
    USA
    Is your ambient temp readings anywhere near accurate. On my 2019 LRH 103 degree F day reads 93 degrees F.

3. Dark Rider

Dark Rider Senior Member

Mar 10, 2020
    Cape Town, South Africa
    I haven't actually tested, but thanks for the note. I'll make sure to keep an eye on it next time and report back.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Here are a few photos from a ride out today with my Son on his Katana, starting from North Lancashire and heading through the Lyth Valley to Bowness, up to Windermere, on to Ambleside, then Grasmere, up and over Dunmail Raise following Thirlmere and past the Stone Circle and into Keswick, then Basenthwaite Lake, then the Honister Pass and Lorton, from there we made our way up Whinlatter Pass and on to Braithwaite, then back to Keswick and a reverse of the mornings route back home. I love these Lakeland passes and all it has to offer, having spent many many years climbing and white water kayaking in and around the Lake District it never fails to impress. From home I can be in the Lake District in under 40 minutes and often go for evening ride outs, usually with my 2 sons.

Honister Pass.jpg

Road to Honister Pass.jpg

Start to Honister Pass.jpg

Whinlatter Pass.jpg

Whinlatter.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  5. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    That katana reminds me of street hawk :grinning:

6. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    #6 Iceman, Sep 3, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2021
    Hi Andy in some respects it does from the front, are we now on S8, the Katana uses the K5 GSXR1000 engine that has been re tuned, it is renowned as being the best Gixer engine Suzuki made, I like the ride myself and I am seriously thinking of selling my 20 STRS and getting the new GSX-S1000, the best bike I have recently been riding periodically is the Panigale 1299s (my other son's), if I was younger that would be the one for me, however after about an hour or less I feel it, so it has to be something more comfortable to ride for me.

• Like Like x 1
  7. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    I've ridden the 750 gsxs, pleasantly surprised too! Honda cb1000r stood out too, felt compact with strong torque for an IL4! But I've found my perfect bike in the ktm superduke. The V2 just can't be beat for instant grunt and excitement in a road bike IMO. Add comfort, practicality, agility and superb road manners and I can't see myself wanting for anything else. Looks aren't for everyone but if that panigale does it for you, you should try a superduke just for the craic. The 1st and 2nd gen are mental. Bonkers! The 3rd gen is still a lunatic, but a bit more refined and focused :)

• Like Like x 1