2020 Speed Rs Arrow Baffle Removal

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by AaronKraus13, Oct 30, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. AaronKraus13

AaronKraus13 New Member

Oct 28, 2021
    Florida
    After watching some videos on YouTube University, I have seen some individuals remove the rivets/carbon end caps on the Arrow exhaust. After that, it seemed to be as easy as grinding down the welded tip and then simply removing the baffle. However, I did not have quite the same luck. I came up short after removal of the 4 rivets on each cap. At least to me it appears the carbon end caps on the 2020 speed RS are installed not only with rivets, but it looks like glue on the inside of the carbon. This is additional binding of the cap to the exhaust itself. No one on YouTube mentioned the glue, but they were not 2018-2020 models either. They just removed the rivets as did I, and then slipped the carbon cap off easily. Anyone else with a 2018 or newer RS run into this problem? Or have suggestions on getting these carbon caps off without damaging them? I love the Arrow that comes with the RS, but just wanna get those darn baffles out. Any help would be great!

2. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    There has been remarks about this and it's recommended to use a heat gun to warm the glue up if you get this problem/hiccup.

3. AaronKraus13

AaronKraus13 New Member

Oct 28, 2021
    Florida
    Okay great thank you!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Stu_70

Stu_70 New Member

Dec 16, 2020
    Amsterdam
    Hi, the baffles in mine are removable; the dealer where I bought it (new 2019) had done the work for their demo bike (which I had tried and only done 180km), so I asked him to swap those onto my new bike to clinch the deal.

He was quite clear that it was a costly and difficult job - one they would not be keen to repeat... So not for the faint hearted I guess but definitely possible.

On the upside, when you succeed; it's a lovely noise when they are out!

5. AaronKraus13

AaronKraus13 New Member

Oct 28, 2021
    Florida
    okay great! Thank you Stu_70. I appreciate the info. I’m thinking of giving it a shot with heat gun.

• Like Like x 1