2020 Harley Davidson Stage 2 Sport Glide For Sale

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by learningtofly, Apr 22, 2023.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    #1 learningtofly, Apr 22, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2023
    It's with a very heavy heart indeed that i'm offering my superb 1750cc 2020 Sport Glide for sale, purely as a consequence of ongoing health issues. Serviced and MOT'd in March of this year at Lind Harley Davidson in Watford, this bike has has the added attraction of a Stage 2 performance upgrade with work carried out by Warr's in Chelsea (Europe's oldest HD dealership). This included:

HD torque cam
    S&S 2 into 1 full exhaust system
    Screamin’ Eagle air intake
    Retuned with V&H FP3
    4” up and back handlebar riser kit

Other extras:
    Rear rack and sissy bar with back cushion
    Motea pannier bags (unused)
    Motea 9" windscreen (used for a week/circa 100 miles, stock windscreen included)

The bike has only done circa 5,500 miles from new and is in superb condition, with only the lightest signs of use (mileage may increase as I wait for my new bike to be delivered next month).

This is a brilliant all-round bike that can be ridden each of 4 ways: panniers plus fairing, panniers only, fairing only and naked. Performance post-Stage 2 is outstanding, with power increased to circa 100 hp (from 82) and torque a ridiculous 172 Nm at 3,000rpm (from 139). The Sport Glide was discontinued in the US last year having become one of HD's most popular models, and residuals are expected to harden as a consequence.

Price is £14,500, viewing/collection by arrangement - I'm in Borehamwood, Hertfordshire.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1
  2. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Good luck with the sale. Bad circumstances obviously but I am sure you will enjoy the new bike!:grinning:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. learningtofly

Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    I'm hoping so, thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  4. triumph900

triumph900 Active Member

Dec 24, 2017
    US
    Damn, I wish I wasn't 3000 miles and an ocean away.

I'm sorry you have to sell your Sport Glide. I love mine, they're very nice bikes. HD made a mistake killing the SG. I guess it wasn't expensive enough given their "premium" image.

Best of luck selling it and with your new bike. BTW, what is the new bike??

• Like Like x 2
  5. learningtofly

Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    They're still available over here, although it can only be a matter of time given the decision in the US. Anyway, I'm gtrying to remain as positive as I can - the new bike is a (very) tarted up T120 Black.

• Like Like x 2
  6. triumph900

triumph900 Active Member

Dec 24, 2017
    US
    A T120 sits next to my SG in the garage. I think you'll enjoy it!

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I'm so sorry that you are in a position to have to sell your beloved Sport Glide, @learningtofly. I understand your heavy heart. :( I hope that your SG goes to a good home--to someone who will appreciate and enjoy it as much as you have. I really enjoyed seeing all the photos that you posted. That really is a beautiful machine.

However, I'm certainly glad that you're feeling good enough to be able to ride your new T120 Black, though. Do you know the ETA on that bike?

How are you coming along health-wise?? Sending prayers for your improvement and sending hugs across the pond. :heart:

• Love You Love You x 1
  8. learningtofly

Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    #8 learningtofly, Apr 25, 2023
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2023
    I'm not going to pretend it doesn't hurt, Sandi, but who knows what the future holds in terms of bike ownership. For now, the T120 will be just what I need and it may be such a good choice going forward that it becomes my forever bike (I'm no spring chicken at 62). As for timing, it's due to arrive on these shores in mid-May, but apparently timings can slip so it remains to be seen.

Health wise, I'd say I'm making very slow progress but am now seeing signs of improvement. I'm resisting some additional drugs at the moment for a variety of reasons (it's complicated) but I'm hoping that I'll be much more stable by the time my Wales trip comes around in early June. You may recall that I was also due a trip this coming weekend, but sadly I had to cancel that one due to the rather wet and unsettled weather forecast.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers, Sandi. I appreciate it very much :heart:

Update: Just been advised that the T120 is expected to be with the dealership between 27/4 and 5/5. Even allowing a couple of weeks for prep I should have it for the DGR, then :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  9. learningtofly

Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    Any interest in taking this beauty off my hands?

10. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I'll keep up with the thoughts and especially the prayers, @learningtofly. :heart: I hope that your health is continuing to improve. I'm sorry you had to cancel your previously planned (and anticipated) weekend trip but hope that the weather continues to improve along with your health so that you can do that trip you have planned for early June. It's great news that your new T120 should be arriving any day now. Or perhaps it has already arrived?! I'm posting this message right in the middle of your T120's delivery window.

I hope you've had some bites on your Sport Glide. If it was indeed here in Tucson I might know a person or two who would be quite interested. Good luck with finding it a good home. :kissing_heart:

• Love You Love You x 1
  11. learningtofly

Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    Thanks as always, Sandi... both health and weather on an upward trajectory, albeit not a very steep one (and both are still variable).

No bites on the Harley as yet, but I do have a trade-in deal agreed so no panic. Also nothing on the arrival of the T120, but there's still time this week. Fingers crossed...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  12. learningtofly

Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    One more bump given there's a slight delay in handing this back in part/ex... anyone fancy a trip to the dark side with this beauty?