2019 Speed Triple Rs Cutting Out

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Terence Jones, Feb 28, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Terence Jones

Terence Jones New Member

Nov 5, 2020
    Cambridge
    My 2019 RS sometimes cuts out on downshifts when the throttle is closed. It happened every other ride when I bought it and the dealer (after arguing hard to do nothing) eventually changed the right switch cube. That seemed to cure it but 1000 miles later the gremlin is back. Has anyone else experienced this? I can electric start it back to life but not bump it for some strange reason which makes me think it must be an electrical or software issue

2. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Hi there,
    I've had this but it disappeared for no apparent reason. Dealer wasn’t interested either.
    There's quite a few people who have this with the new tiger and there's a few posts on this subject.
    Best thing you can do is try and get it recorded somehow and show them.
    That'll give you clout when it comes to complaining.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Terence Jones

Terence Jones New Member

Nov 5, 2020
    Cambridge
    Good advice thanks. First time around I started filming every ride and that really helped to make the case. The dealer’s original response was to give the bike a 20 minute ride and say it was OK without any attempt to fault find. I’m going to film every ride from now. It’s still under warranty thank goodness

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. MattChr

MattChr Member

Apr 23, 2018
    North London
    Are there any tight cables when turning lock-to-lock? Wonder if that could be affecting connection to the right switch cube.

5. Terence Jones

Terence Jones New Member

Nov 5, 2020
    Cambridge
    They’re all tight at full lock but the cut out happens in a straight line just as you roll off the power to downshift

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    I took out the clamps for the cables (near the headstock) to see if that helped and its not come back (for me).
    Don't forget to put the screws back in as they hold the headlight on!
    Worth a go?