2019 Speed Triple Rs - 1000 Miles Later

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Undermoose, May 6, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Undermoose

Undermoose Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2019
    USA
    Hello Everyone,

Here's my 1000 mile report:

1. Breaking her in gentle. I chose to follow the manufacturer spec on break in, but adding about 150-200 miles per rpm stage for consistent rpm, though have hit rpm limits at all stages periodically.

2. Added farkles:
    Triumph: Radiator guard, fork sliders, frame sliders, tpms, heated grips, tank bag, rear grab rail, led turn signals, tank protector.
    R&G: rear swing arm spindles, oil cooler guard, side tank protectors, ordered kick stand foot extender.
    Other: AdaptivTech TPX Pro radar detector, (on Techmount) Garmin Zumo 396 LMT-S (on RAM Ball mount), Tail of the Dragon license plate holder (from 2011 iron butt Street Triple ride).

Tail Tidy? Probably, maybe, maybe not.

20190506_143612.jpg

20190506_143528.jpg

20190506_143319.jpg

20190506_143239.jpg

20190506_143417.jpg

20190506_143351.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. In my own world

In my own world Senior Member

Dec 22, 2018
    West Sussex
    Thought speed radars were illegal in the USA. Apart from that, you have a nice bike there

3. Undermoose

Apr 7, 2019
    USA
    Thanks!

Most states radar detectors are legal. I'm not a speed demon, but do float up into questionable territory on occasion. I believe it has without doubt saved me more than a few "talks" with friendly law enforcemet people.

Virginia and Washington D.C. they are illegal.

All commercial vehicles they are illegal.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radar_detector

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Warren71

Warren71 Well-Known Member

May 11, 2019
    UTAH
    nicely done, enjoy!!

Why triumph radiator protector vs going full R&G or evotech? Do you think the coverage and quality on the OEM item up to par?

Same on the frame sliders ... I'm deciding between triumphs and the cheaper R&G

Lastly, What did you wire your adaptive into so that its doesn't bleed the battery?

odd Q - how'd you get the triumph LED lights instead of the stupid orange filament bulbs. Mine is the with orange bulbs and dealer claimed it was a DOT thing ... but maybe just a utah thing? Something about surface area or some garbage. Now I have to buy some Rizomas to fix that problem.

You in north VA? used to live in Richmond for 4 years back in 93-97.

5. Undermoose

Apr 7, 2019
    USA
    #5 Undermoose, May 12, 2019
    Last edited: May 12, 2019
    I kept Triunph where I could, R&G elsewhere. For no other reason.

I wired the Adaptiv and Garmin to the battery with a single 5amp fuse. I unplug the Adaptiv whenever I park the bike for the night. The dealer didn't want to hook the Adaptiv / Garmin to the ignition, so I am considering a manual switch (which I will probably do). Do you have a better suggestion?

I ordered the Triumph LED turn signals from an eBay UK seller (no relay needed), they are plug and play replacements.

I'm in CT.