Featured Touring 2019 Scottish Road Trip 26th May To 2nd June

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by Dougie D, Sep 17, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    #81 Dougie D, Sep 20, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    There is a limit of 20 people on this trip once that number has been reached unfortunatley thats it. if someone else is interested they can send me a PM and i can put thier name on a reserve list and if anyone cannot make it i'll let you know..there are only three spaces left so if you are thinking about it... make your mind up ASAP!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    D
    The ones that smell of ganja ,I could sacrifice and sleep there I suppose.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Booked the ferry.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    2019 Scottish Road Trip :)

I will be organizing another Scottish road trip this year, the dates will be Sunday the 26th of May (meeting up at Tyndrum) and leaving for home on Sunday the 2nd June, it is one day more than last year as I’m intending to spend 2 nights in Ullapool so folk can either do the Lochinver Loop or explore further north.The route will be similar to last years but with a few changes.
    Accommodation will be mostly Hostels/Bunkhouses but I’m hoping to include a couple of hotels, detailed daily route cards will be provided again and I will email them several weeks before so you can study them and if required you can copy them out again in a way that suits you.
    Once I have definite numbers then I can go about checking out accommodation and I will post up the daily route maps (detailed daily info on the route will be sent to you separately) Please copy and paste your name below if you would like to spend a week riding some fantastic roads!!

1. Dougie D
    2.Andy c1
    3.Ken Walburn
    4. Sprinter (top bunks every time please)
    5. Andypandy
    6. Vulpes (Wim) monday-friday
    7.Rich Bryce
    8.Graham Duncan
    9. BonnieCat (Nikki. + crutches)
    10.ElectrAbigail (Just Abi)
    11.jock stew (Mark)
    12.Bubble (pal of figwold)
    13. figwold
    14. Place holder for Nick Hall (forum member)

5. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Wim really ???

I’ll be booking early next year Ijmuiden to Newcastle.

6. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Yep. Might as well get it out of the way... :)

7. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    #87 Vulpes, Sep 20, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    I'd have a look if I were you, Nikki - a couple of accomodations on board are full already around those dates. @ElectrAbigail

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. BonnieCat

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Oh. Wow. I’d better go look. Thanks for the heads up

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    2019 Scottish Road Trip :)

I will be organizing another Scottish road trip this year, the dates will be Sunday the 26th of May (meeting up at Tyndrum) and leaving for home on Sunday the 2nd June, it is one day more than last year as I’m intending to spend 2 nights in Ullapool so folk can either do the Lochinver Loop or explore further north.The route will be similar to last years but with a few changes.
    Accommodation will be mostly Hostels/Bunkhouses but I’m hoping to include a couple of hotels, detailed daily route cards will be provided again and I will email them several weeks before so you can study them and if required you can copy them out again in a way that suits you.
    Once I have definite numbers then I can go about checking out accommodation and I will post up the daily route maps (detailed daily info on the route will be sent to you separately) Please copy and paste your name below if you would like to spend a week riding some fantastic roads!!

1. Dougie D
    2.Andy c1
    3.Ken Walburn
    4. Sprinter (top bunks every time please)
    5. Andypandy
    6. Vulpes (Wim) monday-friday
    7.Rich Bryce
    8.Graham Duncan
    9. BonnieCat (Nikki. + crutches)
    10.ElectrAbigail (Just Abi)
    11.jock stew (Mark)
    12.Bubble (pal of figwold)
    13. figwold
    14. Place holder for Nick Hall (forum member)
    15 Rocker (John)

• Like Like x 3
  10. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    I see a few are from down "souwf" were abouts exactly we'll have to ride up to start point 1 together not far :confused::joy: I'm about 15 miles from Colchester

11. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    Could even meet up with the boys and girls coming from abroad:)

12. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    I'll be arriving a day later, so will travel up on my own probably...

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    @Ken walburn will be riding up from down your neck of the woods. Rendezvous at Black Cat service station on the A1/A421 junction. Last time we stayed over at the Premier Inn Carlisle to break the journey in two manageable sections. Coming back in one slog was a bit of a trek, so maybe do that with an overnight too.

14. BonnieCat

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Ferry booked.

Leave Ijmuiden 25th May, arrive Newcastle the next morning. 4 hour ride to Tyndrum
    Leave Newcastle 2nd June arrive Ijmuiden next morning.

• Like Like x 7
  15. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    I stopped overnight in Moffat last year, can't remember the hotel but it had a great chippy right next door. Then the next day I met up with @lexy and rode up to Tyndrum stopping off at Callander for coffee and cake. Getting there is half the fun.

16. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Do you support Colchester United by any chance ? It's just that my team Oldham Athletic play them this Saturday. I won't be going as I'll be in Germany.

17. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:joy::laughing::joy::laughing::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:
    Colchester United :joy::joy::joy:Oldham Athletic :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:stop it :joy:stop it :joy::joy:I’m gonna piss myself :joy::joy::joy::imp::p

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. Gazwhitespeed

Gazwhitespeed Senior Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Northampton
    This clashed this year with the irish rally that iv'e never missed and I really wanted to go to Scotland,so hopefully I can go on the 2019 one as it's going to be the last week in may and the irish one is hopefully 2 weeks before,always the same though look forward to touring all year then 2 within a couple of weeks of each other,can somebody put me on the list please,it will be hotels for me,thanks gaz.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    No mate I'm a hammer

20. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Well done. Was pretty busy already, don't you think?
    I've got a bit further to go on Monday...

• Like Like x 1
  21. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    That's good mate can meet up on the way just go to the post highlight it right click to copy add your name and paste into a new post :)