Featured Touring 2019 Scottish Road Trip 26th May To 2nd June

Discussion in 'Rideouts, Trackdays, Touring & Spotted' started by Dougie D, Sep 17, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    I think Nikki gets into Newcastle about 9.15 on the Sunday, depending on what time you guys leave Carlisle in the morning she might be able to catch up with you somewhere,do you know the route you will be taking up to Tyndrum?

2. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Rich & Martin will prob pick the route, so I need to message them. But I’m assuming it’ll be the same as last year via Dunoon. The earliest she would get to Carlisle would be 11.00. It’s doable but will need to speak to the other guys.

3. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    ok I'll leave it with you guys

4. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    29.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  5. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    On the Saturday once we cross the Queensferry bridge I think we should all head down to the Bikers Cove Café before we go to the hotel as it's only 5 mins away, there is a cracking spot for getting a group photo with the Forth Rail Bridge in the background:) it's 2 mins from the café
    I took a few photos today but didn't realize my camera lens was smudged!:confused:
    P1010357.JPG
    P1010360.JPG
    Bikers Cove café (smudge on lens is even more noticeable):rolleyes:
    P1010369.JPG

• Like Like x 9
  6. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Looks stunning mate, what a feet of engineering (that is the bridge and your bike).... lol

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Great photos. Shame about the bacon grease ;)

• Funny Funny x 6
  8. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    Can't tell you lot how much I'm looking forward to this!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    It'll be great Andy! Thirsty already too! :cool::p:joy:

• Like Like x 3
  10. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    IMPORTANT!!!
    I've changed the route for Saturday slightly It's even better!
    If you look at the map instead of carrying on the A85 to Crieff we will turn right at Comrie (number7) then at number 10 we will carry on as the previous route (apart from when we go over the Queensferry Bridge we will go to the Bikers cove first it's really easy to get to see other map below)

new route sat.JPG

number 18 is where we turn left at the traffic lights after coming of the slip road, number 20 is the bikers cove and number 23 is the Hotel
    bike cove.JPG

The route info is changed so you might want to discard the old one and replace with this

Scottish Road Trip Saturday 1st June 2019 IMPORTANT ZERO TRIP

Head south on the A93 for 9 miles (breakfast at the Glenshee ski centre)

At 27 miles turn right onto the A924 at the Bridge of Cally Post Office

At 46 miles turn left A9 Perth

At 51 miles turn left A827 Aberfeldy

Drive straight through Aberfeldy

At 67 miles stop off at the Kenmore hotel

At 83 miles stop off at Killin “The Falls Of Dochart Inn”

At 86 miles turn right and refuel at Lix Toll

After refuelling turn left onto the A85

At 91 miles turn left A85 Crieff (along the side of loch earn)

At 102 miles coffee break at the Tullybannocher café

At 103 miles turn right signposted Braco

At 114 miles turn left signposted Crieff

At 117 miles turn right (on a corner) signposted Dunfermline

At 131 miles turn right then after 50 yds or so turn left signposted Dunfermline/Knockhill

At 132 miles turn right signposted Dunfermline

At 133 miles turn left signposted Dunfermline

At 138 miles turn right Knockhill racing circuit for coffee

At 140 miles turn left M90 motorway

At 143 miles turn right Forth Rd bridge

At the end of the bridge take slip road on the left signposted South Queensferry

At the end of slip road take a left then at traffic lights take left again follow rd for about 1 mile then turn left onto High St (cobbled Rd) for about ½ mile

To get to the hotel Go back on cobbled rd & at junction turn left for about ½ mile then straight on at roundabout

The Dakota hotel is the big black building straight ahead

i have updated Saturdays route on the Triumph route page on the myroute -app, it's also on my personal route page

• Like Like x 2
  11. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    Are you giving out laminated maps again, Dougie?

12. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    no took me hours to do that last year,and very few people actually used them:(, i've emailed everyone copies of the map if you want to laminate them you can..Did you get the email i sent you with maps and route info?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
  14. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    #414 Sprinter, May 5, 2019
    Last edited: May 5, 2019

copied

Sunday
    you are in the by the way hostel in Tyndrum,it is £20.00 and you pay on arrival.

Monday you are in the Corran Bunkhouse it is £27.50 and you pay on arrival.

Tuesday you are in the Skye basecamp hostel in Broadford it is £25.00 and i think it is due 4 weeks prior but i'll have to confirm this.

Wednesday you are in the Gairloch hotel (twin room) it is £42.50 per person that includes breakfast you pay on arrival

Thursday you are in the Caledonian Hotel (twin room) and it is £35.00 per person that includes breakfast you pay on arrival

Friday you are in the Hostel in Braemar and the price is £23.20 i had to pay this now so for those that havn't payed me i have sent you a PM with details on how to do this

Saturday
    you are in the Dakota Hotel in South Queensferry (twin room) it is £60.00 per person that includes breakfast i have to pay it a fortnight before we arrive so neare the time i will remind you to pay me!
    @BonnieCat and @ElectrAbigail at the hostels in Skye you might be slightly more as he doesn't have a twin room only a triple, the guy has not been back in touch with me yet to confirm a price but i'll let you know as soon as i know

[​IMG]

Cut and paste too

Put this up again as it's slightly changed from the original route i posted..i have edited that post too

This would be the route, point 1 is Tyndrum where we would stay on the Sunday night.(26th May)
    Point 5 is the Corran Bunkhouse where we would stay on Monday night. (27th May)
    Point 8 is Broadford where we would stay on the Tuesday night. (28th May)
    Point 11 is Gairloch where we would stay Wednesday night. (29th May)
    Point 12 is Ullapool where we would stay on Thursday night. (30th May)
    Point 16 is Braemar where would stay on the friday night (31st may)
    Point 20 is South Queensferry where we are staying on saturday night (1st June)
    Leave for home on Sunday the 2nd June
    Daily totals are all less than 200 miles which gives us plenty of time for stops

I've put the Daily routes up onto the Myroute-app web site, I havn't put them on the Triumph group page as the 2018 Scottish Trip is on there plus there seems to be a lot of personal routes from other members on it for some reason?
    So to save any confusion they are on my routes page If you log onto the Myroute -App website and click on my name (Dougie Doig) then have a look in my routes and click on the folder named "Scotland 2019 Daily routes"
    If you want me to send you the GPX files instead let me know.
    PS i will PM everyone later with detailed info for each day,or if you prefer you can PM me your email address and i'll email all the info over to you

We did the Kinlochleven loop last year,so I thought some folk might want to go over the ballachullish bridge this year.it'sy about 12 miles extra doing the Kinlochleven loop and it is a brilliant road,it. Would bring the total miles that day to about 200 which is easy to do even if we take our time, maybe the folk that did it last year might want to go over the bridge and i could do the Kinlochleven loop with whoever fancies it?

15. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    #415 Sprinter, May 5, 2019
    Last edited: May 7, 2019
    Copy and paste

A little taster for the folk that are getting up early on the Tuesday morning on this years Scotland trip, this is "The road to the isles"(A830) that @Rocker asked me about:cool:
    for the rest of the group that don't fancy an early start
    (we will be ready to leave at 7am sharp!) we will meet you at JJs café first left as you turn onto the A830 just outside Fort William 9.30-10am
    @Vulpes it might bring back some memories for you:)

Please note: All riders ride at their own risk, i will not be responsible in the unfortunate event of an accident. You are deemed to be solely responsible for the control, safe, and legal riding of your motorcycle at all times. Riders should not exceed the speed that they can safely ride for any particular section of any route, or road surface conditions.

In other words just enjoy yourselves!

A few folk have suggested having 2 groups of riders as it will be easier to keep everyone together.
    i'll lead the first group and the 2nd group can follow a few minutes later
    ..anybody like to volunteer to lead the 2nd group?

1. Dougie D....................................................................................
    2.Andy c1........................................................................................
    3.Ken Walburn.................................................................................
    4. Sprinter ....................................................................................... here all week.
    5. Andypandy....................................................................................
    6. Vulpes (Wim) monday-friday..........................................................
    7.Rich Bryce......................................................................................
    9. BonnieCat (Nikki. + crutches).........................................................
    11.jock stew (Mark)............................................................................
    12.Bubble (pal of figwold)...................................................................
    13. figwold..........................................................................................
    14. Place holder for Nick Hall (forum member)..................................
    15 Rocker (John)...............................................................................
    17. Havit (Wayne) & his girlfriend Ellie meeting us sometime on Wednesday
    18. Mark Slattery...Meeting us sometime on Wednesday

Total 16.

On the Saturday once we cross the Queensferry bridge I think we should all head down to the Bikers Cove Café before we go to the hotel as it's only 5 mins away, there is a cracking spot for getting a group photo with the Forth Rail Bridge in the background:) it's 2 mins from the café

• Like Like x 1
  16. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk

Found them.Ta.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Vulpes

Vulpes Confused Member

Mar 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    I'll be up early and join you lot doing the road to the isles - you're right, that does conjure up memories! Looking forward to meeting all of you!

• Like Like x 2
  18. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    #418 Sprinter, May 5, 2019
    Last edited: May 7, 2019
    To be honest I kept mine and showed em to loads of folk at my work ,when the brought up NC500 ,I said ,this was an improvment.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
  20. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    The countdown has started:):cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1