2019-2020 Street Scrambler/street Twin Recall

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by garethr, Sep 7, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Gyp

Gyp Well-Known Member

May 13, 2020
    United Kingdom
    Back from the depths on this one, but I've recently had a loud clicking from the headstock when I turn the bars left.

Today I've traced it to the plate fitted as part of the recall (to protect the harness) getting pulled slightly by the adhesive on the harness tape and then letting go as the bars are turned.

Bit of a clean up and some spray silicone and the problem has done away. For now at least.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Daveweld

Daveweld Active Member

Aug 2, 2020
    UK
    Hi GYP, Hope all is well and enjoying your Scrambler. I had the same Clicking Noise. As you have said it is from the plastic frame that was fitted at the time of the recall to protect the vin plate. The dealer reported this back to Triumph a year ago after I had it fitted on the recall. . I added a bit of black gaffer tape over the frame side to hold it down and stop the rub and clicking.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gyp

Gyp Well-Known Member

May 13, 2020
    United Kingdom
    It feels like the sort of problem that can be easily sorted with a but of Duck tape, like a proper Triumph :)

For various reasons I've been tinkering with my old boxer twins recently, but the Scrambler took me to France and back earlier this year for one of the most enjoyable riding weekends of my life. Still an awesome bike!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Daveweld

Daveweld Active Member

Aug 2, 2020
    UK
    something about the Scramblers, they just keep giving

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    I'm getting as much enjoyment out of my SS as I have on any bike I've ever owned and I've had a few. By no means the fastest or the most nimble or best handling, it just has that something that pushes my ageing buttons.:grinning: My trusty ZZR looks to be in semi retirement!

• Like Like x 1