Speedmaster 2018 First Service

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by Dwizzle, Sep 5, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dwizzle

Dwizzle New Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Indiana, USA
    First service happened today. Triumph Elkhart (Indiana). 518.9 miles since I bought it new August 16, 2019. Service cost $231.18. They charged me 1.5 hrs shop time. That seems much for an oil change.
    I like almost everything about this bike. I only wish the ride was more compliant. It seems almost jarring at times. Preload in the rear is set at the lowest notch. Is it because of short suspension travel? I can't wait to try full throttle. Also, can you change the clock readout to 12 hr time?
    [​IMG]

2. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    I know this might seem counter intuitive , but try stiffening your rear suspension , the jarring is most likely "Bottoming Out" as the suspension is way too soft on Speedmaster/America variants of the Bonneville family.
    I have 10 mm longer Ikon shocks on mine and the springs are much stiffer, and it feels hard rather than jarring , two up it's excellent !! :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Rear shock preadjusts based on weight, so if you and luggage are 70-80kg, fine. 90kg 1click, 100kg 2clicks, etc. pillion and luggage 7clicks full preload.
    You can play until you feel less bounce without bottoming out.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1