2018 765rs Ecu Flash

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by R_1000, Jan 29, 2024.

1. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    Hello lovely People ;)

I have owned my 765rs for 2 years now. She has scorpion exhaust. I am looking to get the ecu flashed. Any of you have 1st hand experience on this. I am in Hertfordshire. Can you recommend a decent tuner to get this done.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanking you all kindly
    H

20230202_152132.jpg

20230519_173850.jpg

20230519_173840.jpg

20230519_173942.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi and a nice bike, personally I would not recommend a re flash, what I would consider is a Rapid Bike Evo Module, I have attached a link to UK Race Support who have vast experience, especially Triumph Street Triples. Rather than go into a detailed response it is easier to look at this system yourself on the website. Hope this helps.
    Triumph Street Triple 765/R/S/RS 2017-23 & Daytona 765 Moto 2 Rapid Bi – UK Race Support

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    Thank you. The cost to reflash is around the same price. I will look into this and have a think.

Thank you :)

4. tcbandituk

Subscriber

Apr 8, 2016
    Reading
    Another alternative is Woolich who have now released a product for the Street Triple.
    https://www.woolichracing.co.uk/pro...le-765-765-r-765-rs-log-box-k-v3-package.aspx

I currently use a PCV on mine, but that was due to wanting to switch between maps for track and road use when swapping between the Akra slip on and std exhaust.
    Although, I might be outing it to swap to a Woolich box for the extra functionality (speed limiter, gearing changes etc) soon :)

But, if it's just for road use and you're not going to be changing anything such as exhaust, air filter etc later, I'd probably be tempted to go with just reflashing as a one off setup, rather than adding an extra box.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    My bike is purely for spirited road riding. I never track the bike. The exhaust is going to stay with Scorpion GP and will only be running OEM air filter. I have no plans to do any performance upgrades. I am looking for better fuelling with the current exhaust and if I gain some torque low and mid range would be an icing on the cake.

Currently my bike is booked in for an ECU Flash on Dyno with BSD Performance 1st week of March. I need to decide the best way to go forward.

I really appreciate everyone's support.

Many thanks
    H

• Like Like x 1
  6. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    Hello People

I made way to BSD Performance, 85 miles out at 7AM this morning. It was proper chucking it down and cold. The result has been worth it.

Now, taking off, U Turns and throttle response are all brilliant. No more hesitation. I didn't push it because I could hardly see anything. Don't laugh....I was on rain mode all the way home . I needed the low down fuelling sorted and instant throttle response without any hesitation. I'd like to think these has been ironed out. I can just let go of the clutch and the bike nicely takes off without handful of throttle. All in All, I'm happy .

Please see Dyno printout for the current ECU Custom Map.

Thank you all ;)

H

20240302_184031.jpg

7. feckless

feckless Noble Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Cumbria
    have you got a print out of before the remap so i can see the gains please

8. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    Hi, they showed it to me on the PC but didn't give me one. Sorry. Truth, I'm not really clued up on AFRs and all. I just trusted them. I can only go by feel, if the bike is operating to how I wanted it. As I said I haven't given it any hard throttle to fully explore the map. From what I have experienced so far, has been good

They said as mine only has a slip on, so basically it can be compared to any stock map as it any differences would be minimal.

• Like Like x 1
  9. feckless

feckless Noble Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Cumbria
    just looking at the above items from woolich and evo module. to me it looks like tunecu can be used to pretty much the same effect with an OBDI interface obviously you would need to set it up on the dyno