2017 Triumph T120 Suspension Upgrade

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Espanolito, Jun 29, 2023.

1. Espanolito

Espanolito New Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Toronto
    Hello all,

This has probably been discussed to no end already, but as I don't see a current discussion ...

Am looking to upgrade the suspension (front and back) on muy 2017 Triumph T120 and wondering if anyone had any suggestions?

I weigh 185lbs (with no gear), 5'9" tall. Mostly ride in heavy city traffic commuting to work with bad, pot-holed city roads. Put on approx. 200km highway / country every other weekend.

Have looked at the Fox Performance for back (with Triumph logo) but not sure I like the idea of no rebound adjustability. Looked at Hagons for back with just rebound adjustability.

Would also consider fully adjustable setup (compression and rebound), like Matris on both front and back if the difference in cost to performance ratio compared to another option like Hagons on back and valve insert in front.

Anyway, starting to look. Any feedback with actual experience would be greatly appreciated.

2. Woodtickgreg

Woodtickgreg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2022
    Eastpointe, Michigan
    I'll be watching this thread. I'm thinking about doing something similar but I'll go in steps. Progressive front springs at first.

3. Espanolito

Espanolito New Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Toronto
    Ended up purchasing Ohlins cartridge kit FKS 216 for the front and K-Tech Razor 4 for the back (was going to go with Ohlins TR 624 on the back, but no stock). Purchased through Fast Company Motorcycles in Kitchener. Unfortunately they only do installation for racing. Have scheduled service at Accelerated Technologies in Buckhorn, ON for installation. Would have just done all through Accelerated Technologies, but had already been talking with the folks at Fast Company and there was only one FKS 216 available in North America so secured it. Fast Company works closely with Advanced Technologies in Buckhorn and Acme Motorsports in Burlington. All three, I have learned, are the best options in S. Ontario for suspension. Fast Company recommeneded both Acme and Accelerated Technolgies for the install. Said to tell them the forks and shocks were purchased through Fast Company.

4. Woodtickgreg

Woodtickgreg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2022
    Eastpointe, Michigan
    So you went high dollar on the suspension. Pretty cool.

5. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    I would go with K Tech all the time, in my experience it is a lot better than Ohlins, I have a full K Tech kit for the front forks of my STRS 765 and a rear K Tech shock to replace the Ohlins unit, although these have yet to be fitted along with a full rolling road re map. Ride safe all from an ageing Rocker.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Espanolito

Espanolito New Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Toronto
    Yeah. It was a very tough decision to press 'Go', but I think in the end worth it.

• Like Like x 1