Featured 2017 Bonneville Handling Improvements

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by SPC1, Mar 16, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    OK, 50 odd mile test ride done and good news. Pre-load is set just on the firm side, backed compression & rebound a click or so front and rear and the bike is so much better. Really different, I couldn't be more pleased. Only came home because I needed to eat :laughing: The Phantoms can stay till they're worn out. I know there are better tyres out there but the bike is so on the money it'd be a waste of cash. Cheers for the tip again, lesson here is don't be afraid to get in there and experiment and do some research.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Cupoftea

Cupoftea Noble Member

Dec 16, 2018
    NEW FOREST
    I thought that about the fantombs until I changed to avons, completely different bike, much more confidence in the corners.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    I'm going to look forward to that when these are done. Another step change to look forward to.

4. Brixton Steve

Brixton Steve Member

Sep 21, 2019
    Devon
    #24 Brixton Steve, Apr 28, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
    2019 T120 , Hagon 2810s on back prog springs up front, Avon Spirit STs on front and back with a 39 tooth sprocket for better acceleration on the Devon lanes. For comfort 1" bar riser from Motone and gel pack in seat for a comfy arse . Def not same bike I got from showroom ,transformed into the bike I wanted.

5. Richard James Malik

Richard James Malik New Member

Jul 21, 2018
    Derby UK

6. Adventure Boy

Adventure Boy Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2021
    Essex
    Just boughtt a pair of IKON rear shocks for my T120 2nd hand resonable price so cant wait to get them futted, Ill order a TEC front spring set with preload adjunters, hopefully that will sort out the harshness of the ride, ive also got a peir of Avon road rider tyres arriving today which I know are ok as I fitted them to my T100 and they transformed the bike
    Rob

7. Cupoftea

Cupoftea Noble Member

Dec 16, 2018
    NEW FOREST
    Well Hagons were sold on! Couldn't get happy with them, plus I have lost weight enough to render them another lighter spring.
    Tyres are very good, better than the original ones.
    The rest of the mods in very happy with. Added a jel seat from saddlecraft, was finished off with light grey top, black sides, well nice.

IMG_20211123_092929.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  8. Adventure Boy

Adventure Boy Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2021
    Essex
    Nice looking
    what shocks did you use after the Hagons ?

Rob

9. Cupoftea

Cupoftea Noble Member

Dec 16, 2018
    NEW FOREST
    Hi Rob,
    I went back to the original shocks.
    At the end of the day they maybe not as good as hand made ones but they work to a fashion.
    I am not the best person to judge on suspension set ups, I've only been riding for 48 years, and normally just adjust to the bike as is.

• Useful Useful x 1