2016 T120 Almost Back To Stock.

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Fiddlewings, Jun 30, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Fiddlewings

Fiddlewings Member

Mar 19, 2020
    North Canton Ohio USA
    Removed and replaced most of the non original parts. I like the clear turn signal lenses, so I will leave them. Anyone else like un-modified bikes ? In my past life I would customize the heck out of my bikes.

Getting a little more riding in lately, someone needed my cars catalytic converter more than I did. Sucks when headed out and ones care sounds like an old truck! God bless the poor fellow and hope the $100 scrap fee takes him a long way. Only costing me $1000 for a new converter to be installed. Thought of replacing it myself, for about half an hour...
    5A321E29-7888-43AD-A7D0-2A39205372DA.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  2. Doc Strange

Doc Strange Senior Member

Aug 8, 2019
    UK
    Did similar when I got my Daytona last year - removed the various bits previous owners had put on and got it back to how it left the factory.

Most 'upgrades' are just cosmetic so a matter of taste after all.

DS

3. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    #3 Wire-Wheels, Jun 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    I don't mind the cosmetic bits. If they are not to my taste, they get thrown in the bin. I have to kind of laugh at the ones who modify the efi bikes. Triumph paid some expensive engineers to make it right, so the owners can muck it up. Funny :D ...J.D.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fiddlewings

Fiddlewings Member

Mar 19, 2020
    North Canton Ohio USA
    It’s like these guys, Triumph engineers, sit there, hours on end drawing up improvements. They probably spent 27 million on designing the 2016 t120. Am I going to make it “better”?
    Maybe for my own personal needs, bags, taller bars etc. Sorry end bar mirror enthusiasts...not being able to slide my hand off the grip or grab the grip from the side, without hitting the mirror stem did not work too well fo me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Schuey

Schuey Senior Member

Mar 3, 2020
    Midlands
    I myself like the OEM look, and if I do make upgrades/mods then I always go for the manufacturer's own modifications even if they are a bit pricey. That's just me though, and I mainly go for subtle mods only.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Skidmarx

Skidmarx New Member

May 27, 2020
    New Zealand
    Similar here .....
    I removed the thruxton 16t (front sprocket) & put the oem 17t back on (the factory gearing fits me like a glove). The same with those suicide mirrors.. i took em off & put micky mouse back on & so i can see behind & beside me !

I'm going to leave the upgraded Hagon front & rear suspension, 'x' pipe & booster plug installed by previous owner.... cos the bike Rips !

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cupoftea

Cupoftea Noble Member

Dec 16, 2018
    NEW FOREST
    Triumph designers may have spent a lot of money designing the bike you have but its always in line with the tight emissions laws they have to follow to sell the bikes. None of my machines are to factory spec and they are far better to ride now.
    Just my opinion.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1