2016 Speedmaster For A Passenger?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Rockaglock, Oct 8, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rockaglock

Rockaglock New Member

Oct 8, 2019
    Florida
    There is a 2016 speedmaster available about 2 hours away from me. I love the look of the bike. My question is will it be “enough” for my wife and I at highway speeds? I’m 6’2” 225 lbs, she is 5’5” ~150 lbs. I plan on putting the seat set from an America on it. Also what kind of RPM can I expect at 75 mph?

Thanks in advance!

-Rock

• Like Like x 1
  2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:) I took a mate to quite a few rallies with my 09 Speedmaster and pulled a trailer at the same time :eek:
    He said it was ok on the back of the bike :)
    But the most we did was probably about 2hrs in one hit so wouldn’t know about some more serious touring :confused:
    I think you should be ok :)
    Can you get a road test :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  3. triumph900

triumph900 Active Member

Dec 24, 2017
    US
    I’ve got a 16 Speedmaster. It’s great for me, but I wouldn’t recommend it for passengers.

4. capt

capt Elite Member

May 8, 2016
    western Australia
    The Engine torque and horse power won't be an issue. The seat , suspension and foot peg locations might be for some . seat and suspension can be sorted easily enough. As there are plenty of aftermarket options. Pegs can be changed or moved with a bit of thought put in to the how/where !

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. RSSmith54

RSSmith54 New Member

May 24, 2019
    Horley, Surrey, UK
    I bought my 2016 Speedmaster in May, my wife and I go out together a lot. Our combined weights are about 400 lbs - we're both chunky - and we have no problem with power. For comfort reasons I changed the seat and rear suspension but it was fine before then. Love the bike to bits, highly recommend it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. CrustyChief

CrustyChief Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2019
    Jacksonville, Florida
    The stock pillion seat is horrible. There are things you can do to help your passenger, but it wont help for more than a few miles. I added memory foam inbetween the fender and seat. I sandwiched it under the seat. You cant see it. It absorbs some of the vibrations and bumps. I am in the market for a new seat now.