Featured 2016 Speed Triple 1050 S front suspension upgraded

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by desertspeedy, Nov 9, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. desertspeedy

desertspeedy Senior Member

Jul 28, 2016
    N. Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Yesterday we replaced the stock front suspension components with new seals, valves, piston and springs from K-Tech. I needed to upgrade as I weigh in at 225 lbs. A fellow by the name of Chris at K-Tech U.K. was very helpful in sourcing the correct kit for us here stateside. It seems I now am on Ducati fork springs and some Jap bike bits. The bike is transformed and is finally a joy to ride on bumps and through twisty back roads. I am getting a custom spring done to fit on the rear shock. Just proves there are great fixes that don't force you to spend an arm and a leg with Ohlins. If any of you "big" riders want part numbers just PM me and I'll forward the email from K-Tech with parts information. We did have to trim 24mm from the rod to get proper spring to valve seat feel. Whole job took 4.5 hours. K-Tech is awesome!!

CHEERS,

Chris

• Like Like x 6
  2. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Great info Chris :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    K-Tech did a full front fork job on my GSXR 1000 K6. They did a brilliant job :)

On my current S3, I was looking to do the same but then I had the std suspension tuned in professionally. I weigh 75Kgs with the gear. Seems good with handling. Sometimes I think it's a little on the hard side through bumpy roads, so I changed tire pressure to F32 R40 and all seems good.

• Like Like x 2
  4. desertspeedy

desertspeedy Senior Member

Jul 28, 2016
    N. Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Try lowering that rear tire pressure to 36, it does wonders for the harshness. This was suggested to me by a pro AMA racer and it works real well.

EDIT to add - behaves spot on stable at speed, I detect no handling changes other than a less harsh ride on the bumps.