2015 T100/t120 Instrument Speedometer/tachometer On Bonneville Se ?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Stillsurfin', Mar 17, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Stillsurfin'

Stillsurfin' New Member

Feb 20, 2022
    Hawaii
    Is it possible to install a stock instrument guage set (tachometer/speedometer) from a 2015 T100 or T120 on a stock 2015 Bonneville SE (which only has a speedometer) without major rewiring ?

Any advice would be most appreciated !!

2. Samsgrandad

Samsgrandad Senior Member

Dec 15, 2019
    Somerset
    There was a kit sold by Triumph to add a rev counter to the base Bonnevilles that were sold with only a Speedo. This was a fairly simple mod as all the correct wiring was supplied in the kit. It was just 'plug and play'
    I do not know whether this is still available from Triumph or whether you can try and find one secondhand
    That is probably the best way for you to go as it will not involve any wiring alteration.

3. Stillsurfin'

Stillsurfin' New Member

Feb 20, 2022
    Hawaii
    Many Thanks !

I'll try track down one of those.

4. Samsgrandad

Samsgrandad Senior Member

Dec 15, 2019
    Somerset
    The part number you are looking for is A9828007, but it's no longer available
    Have a look at the fitting instructions on www.triumphinstructions.com,
    I think this link will take you straight to the instructions.
    https://www.triumphinstructions.com/ProdDocs/A9828007-EN.pdf
    It looks as if the wiring is already in the loom to operate a rev counter, if that is the case then a rev-counter and the 2 dial dash should be the parts you need there are a couple of these on ebay, but make sure you get an efi one rather than the earlier rev counter from a carb model, that may not work!

Best of luck

5. Stillsurfin'

Stillsurfin' New Member

Feb 20, 2022
    Hawaii
    AWESOME ...THANKS !

Those installation instructions really help understand the situation.

I went to ebay but couldn't find parts you've mentioned, would you mind posting or emailing the links ?

Thanks again !!

6. Stillsurfin'

Stillsurfin' New Member

Feb 20, 2022
    Hawaii
    Those look great ! I'll contact the seller and see if they can ship to the US.

Thanks again !

7. Stillsurfin'

Stillsurfin' New Member

Feb 20, 2022
    Hawaii
    Well, I got the tach and new housing .... did the swap and unfortunately there is something wrong with the wiring because the tach wouldn't work.

The really unfortunate thing is when I swapped everything back .... somehow I got the speedo screwed up.

It now has the meter sitting at 22 MPH instead of zero and I'm not sure how to fix it.

I've got it off the bike .... but before I open it up and look inside I thought I'd try get more technical help in case I make the problem worse !!

image0.jpeg