2013 Bonneville T100 Barend Insert Removal

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by Triumph_Aidan, Nov 15, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Triumph_Aidan

Triumph_Aidan New Member

Nov 15, 2021
    Colorado, U.S.A.
    Considering trying to remove the bar end inserts on my T100 in order to install Motogadget bar end turn signals. I've heard it suggested that removing these depends highly on the make/model/year and is sometimes nearly impossible. Has anyone successfully removed these? Better still...anyone installed the m.blaze signals on their EFI air-cooled Bonnie and used the m.wave or m.stop relays?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. docjohn

docjohn New Member

Dec 10, 2017
    essex
    Hi Aidan, I have a 2014 T100, I removed the bar end plugs - with allen key and fitted bar end mirrors.. I am not sure if your are the same design. But if you can see an allen key recess thats probably the same... Good luck..

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Triumph_Aidan

Triumph_Aidan New Member

Nov 15, 2021
    Colorado, U.S.A.
    Thanks Doc! I’m not sure if you’re referring to the cap that screws into the bar end with an allen bolt, but I’m actually referring to the insert that is inside the handle bar which allows you to screw a bar end finisher or mirror into the end of the handlebar. These are what I need to remove. The flashers I hope to use only work if the end of the handle bar is open so you can slide them inside
    https://www.moto-madness.com/Motoga...Black-Turn-Signals-Motorcycle-Cafe-Racer.html

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. docjohn

docjohn New Member

Dec 10, 2017
    essex
    Okay, I misunderstood. I haven't tried to remove those.. You could try using a high tensile bolt to wind them out of the bar ? unless they are welded in they might pull out.. Like an extractor??

I managed to use these to fix the mirrors to...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Samsgrandad

Samsgrandad Senior Member

Dec 15, 2019
    Somerset
    If your bars are the same as on my T100 then the inserts are welded in and could be difficult to remove without further damage to the bars.
    Have you thought about another set of bars??
    On another point if you fit bar end turn signals aren't they going to be prone to damage should the bike tip over?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Triumph_Aidan

Triumph_Aidan New Member

Nov 15, 2021
    Colorado, U.S.A.
    Yeah, I was afraid of that. I don’t think I want to go through a bar swap. RE: breaking the signals, I suppose that’s just a risk I’m willing to take. In my 25 years of riding it’s happened once.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. PatW

PatW Senior Member

Apr 4, 2021
    Cymru
    Standard bars are crap anyway, I have a 2013 model t100 and just changed the bars. I paid £30 for the replacement bars which are 4 inches wider but a lower rise and less pullback, so I didn't have to modify anything, they went straight on with the standard brake hose and switch wiring.

20210827_173954.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Triumph Aidan. Welcome to the family Do hit the upload a file button bottom right corner and show the inmates your beastie. As for bars better to get some new ones and store the oem one in case you decide to change back or sell.
    Joe.