2011 Thruxton 900 Efi

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by johne, Mar 4, 2021.

Tags:
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. johne

johne Standing on the shoulders of dwarves.

Jan 16, 2020
    Where the Wolds meet the sea
    #1 johne, Mar 4, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2022
    Now the warmer weather is (hopefully) not far away. I'm offering my Thruxty for sale.

Its a 2011 bike on a '61 plate. Its covered 13,000 miles, the tyres are both in excellent nick, the rear was new last summer and I've only done a handful of miles since then due to lockdown. The MOT expires on 4 April,but I'll get it done for the new owner. Sensible extras. Puig flyscreen, Factory main stand, locking fuel cap, heated grips, Hagon rear shocks, fork gaiters, rear luggage rack and I've flipped the bars around to give a more upright riding stance, you can easily swap them back if you prefer the lower bars look. The seat hump is unmarked and I've just changed the oil and filter so its ready to go for the new riding season... All the handbooks and service history is present and I have two keys for every lock.

Reason for sale? I'm hankering after a 1200.

Obviously we are still in lockdown, so I understand potential buyers can't come and look it over at the moment, I'm in no hurry to sell, if you are interested pm me I'd be happy to send more hi res photos to your email and I'd to hold it for you with a £200 non refundable deposit, until you are able to come and collect

• Price (see below)

20200627_102049.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. johne

Jan 16, 2020
    #2 johne, Aug 29, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2022
    I've put about a 1000 miles on the Thruxty this summer, so it now has 14000 on the odo. It's still sat in my garage and as we are approaching the end of the season I'll be putting it to bed for the winter but its still available if anyone is interested.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mark9

Mark9 Noble Member

Jul 13, 2020
    Derby
    hi did this sell, a friend of mine is looking for one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. johne

Jan 16, 2020

It's still here Mark. I plan on SORNing it at the end of this month and laying it up for the winter, but for now its road legal and I use it on sunny days. If your friend is interested, pm me and I'll give you my phone number then he can give me a call if he wishes,

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mark9

Mark9 Noble Member

Jul 13, 2020
    Derby
    I’ve just sent him the photo, I’ll PM you if he’s interested, thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mark9

Mark9 Noble Member

Jul 13, 2020
    Derby
    Hi John, he’s decided to go for a new T120, good luck with the sale.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. johne

Jan 16, 2020
    No probs Mark, thanks for letting me know.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. johne

Jan 16, 2020
    Sale now pending.

• Like Like x 2
  9. johne

Jan 16, 2020
    Well I still have the Thruxton. Strangely enough, I've had many enquiries, but no one has actually come to see it. I'm sure if someone who's looking for this model does see it in the flesh, they will be tempted. It is extremely clean and tidy, though I do say so myself. I suppose I live a fair way from the central motorway system and it may be a trek for some to come out to the wilds of the Yorkshire coast line to view it, especially with the current fuel prices. but it's still here and I honestly can't see myself using it much this coming riding season, so if there is someone out there in Triumph land who want a tidy Thruxty,900 get in touch. I've put it on ebay again here :

Triumph Thruxton 900 EFi | eBay

The price on ebay is what I think the bike is worth these days, but I'll do a special deal for forum members.

Thanks for looking

• Like Like x 1
  10. johne

Jan 16, 2020
    SOLD

• Like Like x 1