2011 Speed Triple 1050 Clutch Kit?

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Benjie, May 16, 2023.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Benjie

Benjie New Member

May 16, 2023
    Leicestershire, UK
    Hi all. Thanks for reading.

Does anyone know where i can source a 2011 speedy 1050 clutch kit (plates and springs) in the UK? I can only seem to find kits up to 2010 for some reason.

Are they the same?

Having some nasty clutch slip above 5k revs (cables all adjusted correctly)

Thanks very much for all the help

2. Bolosun

Bolosun Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Crewe/Cheshire
    Assume you have removed the clutch plates and checked their thickness etc? Clutch slip can be due to wrong oil, contamination etc.

3. Benjie

Benjie New Member

May 16, 2023
    Leicestershire, UK
    Thanks for the reply.

It's got 34000 Miles and yes the friction plates are well worn.

Just wondering if the Tiger plates/springs would fit given its the same engine.

Cheers

4. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    You can check part numbers on fowlersparts.co.uk

5. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi Benjie, I did a post a while back on the subject regarding the Speed Triple 1050 clutch, here is some of the post that may be of use to you. A lot of the OEM clutch parts are no longer available, also there are 2 different cover gaskets, make sure you order the right ones, Sprint Manufacturing have the correct ones, the cost of a complete clutch from Triumph (when they had them) was over £700. I would go for EBC clutch plates, they cost around £70. I would point out the following, the clutch basket springs at the rear, there are 6, you will find 3 of those springs are very loose, do not think there is a fault, they are designed to be like that, the reason being they take up the tension in the offset ring gears when meshed under load, when re installing there is a hole drilled into both ring gears, this allows you to place a suitable drift into it to align both the ring gears that in turn will then mesh with the drive from the crank, once that is done, place the spacer onto the gearbox shaft and push it home in the basket. Also important is there are two different torque settings, this depends on the engine number, the difference between the two is 50nm, the nut could work loose if the incorrect torque was used, there is no locking washer, just torque to the correct setting.
    you can then release the tension on the ring gears and build up the clutch in the following sequence.
    Anti judder seat washer
    Anti judder spring (it is important to install this concave side outwards) think of the spring like a dished dinner plate, the dished side goes outwards
    Thick friction plate
    Thick steel plate
    Thin friction plate
    Thick steel plate
    Thin friction plate
    Thin steel plate
    Thin friction plate
    Thin steel plate
    Thin friction plate
    Thin steel plate
    Thin friction plate
    Thin steel plate
    Thin friction plate
    Thin steel plate
    Thin friction plate
    Thick steel plate
    Thin friction plate
    Thick steel plate
    Thick friction plate
    Don't worry if you get them mixed up for whatever reason, you can measure both the steel and friction plates to give you the required measurements to allow you to put them on in the correct order, also the thicker friction plates are slightly different in colour. The spring on part on 278, this should have been stronger in the first place, and I would renew it, also the bearing is known to detach, some have experienced huge damage, others have been lucky and it has dropped into the sump (it is only crimped in) the updated German engineered spring has more tension, and Triumph updated this part (if you need a genuine spring then I do have some (£5 plus postage). Ride safe all from an ageing Rocker.

TST 6.jpg

TST 1.jpg

TST 5.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2