2006 Speed Triple Problems

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Jktriple, Jun 15, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jktriple

Jktriple New Member

Jun 15, 2022
    Yeah I thought the same thing so i used probes to test the signal and it meets the specs suggested by the service manual.

2. Jktriple

Jktriple New Member

Jun 15, 2022
    Sense I reset the codes I have driven it about 100 miles and no codes have reappear. Still has a rough idle and the idle air actuator will go nuts after turning the key and won't let it turn on till I flip it on and off a few times. I checked the whole wiring harness for any shorts or damage and I couldn't find any. I used a multimeter to check the continuity between each lead and all worked fine even when shaken or moved around. I'm still a little stumped and think it might be time to bring it to a shop. What's your thoughts?

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. TRIPLE X

TRIPLE X Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2021
    Downham Market, Norfolk
    Have you checked for vacuum in the tank causing fuelling issues?

4. Julian Wallis

Julian Wallis THE CORNISH PIXIE

Jun 9, 2020
    Cornwall
    Have you had the air box off lately? there is some vacuum hoses near there that might be mullered! worth a check? tank ones I think?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jktriple

Jktriple New Member

Jun 15, 2022
    The gasket for filling the gas tank is actually broke leaving no vacuume in the tank. Didn't think motorcycle needed a vacuume for fuel. The motorcycle runs fine just idle is rough still and at 6000-7000 rpm it gets rough (almost like a hesitation). After that and before that is great.