2005 Triumph America Help!

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by Old guy and old bike, May 19, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Old guy and old bike

May 14, 2021
    New Hampshire
    Hello all, I am trying to save a 2005 Triumph America, which someone dropped. It runs well but the lights, and the speedometer were destroyed along with some wiring. The owner was offered $300 for it but instead left it in his garage and bought a new bike. I’m slowly finding parts and learning as I go but am hoping for some help with the rear break light.

Part of the damage are the wires that turn activate the break light, which are located under the throttle. The owner said that there was a clip holding three wires together but I can’t find one anywhere. He just cut the wires off because he tried splicing them but they kept blowing the fuse. The dealer said that it’s not on the schematic so my question: what does this clip look like and where can I find one? Also, is one really needed or can I just splice the wires together?

any information would be greatly appreciated.

691C2940-1C10-4DB1-B5FF-0103F6DDC358.jpeg