2005 Speed Triple 1050 - Sporty tyres?

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by MrAliT, Apr 28, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MrAliT

MrAliT Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Hi All

I have a 2005 1050 S3. Its always had tyres on it which have been much more touring than sporty (currently it has Michelin 2CT's on it) and I'm looking at putting something more sports orientated on there. Its used on sunny Sundays rather than commutes so tyre wear isn't a concern. With a young family its about grins per mile when I get the chance to get out there and play!

I've used Pirelli Super Corsa's in the past on another bike and like them but has anyone put some seriously sporty stuff on a generation 1 1050? Any opinions/experiences welcome!

Alistair

2. mutz-nutz

mutz-nutz Member

Nov 10, 2014
    northumberland
    hi, i have corsa sp1 on front and corsa sp2 on rear and mine is an 05 s3 and once warm they take sum beating

3. MrAliT

MrAliT Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Just to update on this I went for Metzler M7RRs in the end as I wasnt convinced that the Super Corsas wouldnt be too much for the bike. What a tyre! A vast improvement on the Michelins in terms of profile (slightly quicker but still extremely stable) and loads of grip right to the edge. 100% recommend these. I even did a trackday with them at the end of last year ;-)

File 21-04-2016, 10 01 52.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Shamus13

Shamus13 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    East Riding of Yorkshire, UK
    TBH the touring tyres now are as good as the sticky stuff several years ago. My bike has Bridgestone S20's which are a hypersport and are probably way better than me. I have run Pilot Powers on a previous bike and found they too went to the edge easily but last longer.

5. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Good to know. :)
    I've got a set waiting to be fitted tomorrow.:D
    Loved the OE Super Corsa's but looking for a bit better wet grip in case I get caught out in the rain (try to avoid that) and hopefully a little more mileage.

6. hic2wo

hic2wo Member

Jun 2, 2016
    edinburgh
    Ive had a set of Bridgestone s21 on for 1000 miles and wearing very well , work well in the wet too , done a track day however the edge can be found easier than super corsas , Well impressed , also used m7rr and rosso 3 and they have all been good and much better in the wet than supercorsas.