2004 800cc Bonnie

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Ariel Badger, Apr 22, 2013.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ariel Badger

Ariel Badger New Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Hi this is my first post on here so a quick introduction is in order. I am 56 and been around bikes all my life, five years ago after getting mashed in a couple of big offs I decided that I was bored with riding on the road so I moved from the street to the track. I now sprint and hillclimb an old Ariel.
    I am thinking of buying a 2004 Bonnie to build a straightliner, what power can I expect to get out of this motor and what is available off the shelf in the way of cams and high comp pistons? I would like to run at about 12;1 CR on Methanol initially with the engine normally aspirated but am toying with the idea of supercharging, whould the crank take this? Your input much apreciated.
    The Badger

• Like Like x 1
  2. workshyfop

workshyfop Member

Feb 26, 2013
    I've no idea, but it sounds great & I'd love to see (& hear) it when it's finished.

3. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    PERFORMANCE:
    • Maximum Power 62PS (61bhp) at 7,400rpm
    • Maximum Torque 60Nm (44.3ft-lbf) at 3,500rpm

It's not been built as a racing bike but it will be fun trying to squeeze some more power out...
    What sort of power you trying to achieve? NOS Would be easiest....

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ariel Badger

Ariel Badger New Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Where would I go to get a full spec for this engine from please? I would like to know as much as possible about the engine as possible before even thinking about doing any work. the minimum data I would like is compression ratio, how much the valves clear the pistons by, cam profiles and valve timings.
    Given a standard engine developing 61 BHP, I should think that at least 90 would be possible before thinking of NOS and forced induction, Of course this will affect engine life quite considerably!
    I now need to persuade my mate to let me have his bike for a lot less than he wants for it!

5. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    #6 Screwball, Apr 23, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Kent
    Ariel do keep us informed on your progress.. It sounds like an interesting project and I'm sure there are a few of us that will learn a lot from your experiences.