2003 America - A Couple Of Questions, Please Help?

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by slimlavud, May 4, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. slimlavud

slimlavud Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2015
    London, UK
    Hi all, I am rebuilding a stolen recovered 2003 America - 790, carburettor model. A lot of parts were missing when I got the bike, plus wiring torn out, tank hammered in, all sorts of awful things.
    I have finally assembled all the parts I need and when putting the carburettors on found that I had to bend the bracket holding the outer cables on the carbs to make the cables line up properly with the throttle arms (the opening and the closing arms - the ones that take the cable nipples). It seems wrong to have to bend these around but other wise the closing cable in particular was not lined up at all. The throttle arms seem to be undamaged and as they should be. Anybody found this problem before please?

Problem two: a lot of wiring was missing from the bike and the last connector I need now is to go on the top end (where it goes into the wiring loom) of the neutral light switch. This is for a new wire that I have made, going from the neutral light switch to the first connector in the loom. Does anyone know where I can get a connector please? The connectors on these Triumphs seem to be very varied - this one LOOKS like one of the rear indicator connectors but is not the same.

Also I want to run the rectifier, neutral light, alternator and ignition sensor wires under the engine and up the back, to avoid running them over the rear of the motor, with the nasty plastic clip, as I believe Triumph did on later Americas etc. Do they go between the swing arm and the gearbox please?

Thank you
    Slim