2002 Speed Triple Dash Intermittant

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Shaun Lee, May 26, 2023.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Shaun Lee

Shaun Lee Member

Oct 17, 2019
    Manchester
    Hi, Took my mint 2002 out of hibernation, preparing to sell. Bike started on the button and ran well, then the dash kept blinking on and off, then going off for a period then back on, when I rev the back when stationary the dash goes on and off and the tacho also cuts out, but the bike still runs great, I assume an electrical connector issue but have no idea where to start, any ideas??

2. Linx

Linx Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2020
    Stratford Upon Avon, UK
    Possibly not getting enough voltage, or a dodgy connection or wiring.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Hi Shaun, well possibly the good news first, the dash on the Speed Triple 955i are known to be robust and very very rarely give issues, the connecting plug at the rear can work loose, it also gets condensation in, the plugs wiring runs to another connector and it can also work loose and again prone to damp entering and corroding the terminals, regarding water ingress, one big issue has always been the central spark plug, water gets past the seal and results in the plug corroding itself into place, very patient work is then needed to avoid snapping the plug in the head, then it is a head off job, the engine, gearbox and clutch are more reliable than the 1050s, they have a bit of a cult following and great fun to ride.