2000 Tt600 Potential Problems!

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by gadget1960, Apr 16, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. gadget1960

gadget1960 New Member

Apr 15, 2019
    Maxton Dover
    Hi all, this is my first post so hope it's in the appropriate section.
    Could anyone give me an overview of the 2000 TT600 engine reliability and any potential mechanical issues it may have, only asking as I would like to clarify whether it would be a good buy as I have read on 'other' forums an chat rooms it can have a problem with crankshaft oil seals and multiple oil leaks etc:
    I am aware of the fueling issues but these can be sorted relatively easily with a good re-map and the reg/rec can be sorted with an upgrade.
    Everything else I have read about them seems to be positive it's literally just the power plant I would like clarified as a good unit or is it just waiting to go wrong due to potentially poor design.
    If there's a re-occurring pattern with multiple bikes it would be good to know what to look out for.
    Hope someone can help with this.
    Many thanks in advance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Neil Gunn

Neil Gunn Member

Mar 29, 2019
    scotland
    Will be watching for replys Gadget as I've just bought 1. I'm a newbee on here as well returning to bikes after 30yrs I now have my Mod 2 to get through and then get out 'n about..Hope all's ok.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Gadget1960 / Neil Gunn.
    Always good to introduce your arrival in the newbies forum. But welcome along. You know everyone has there views and some people and forums seem to take it to the extreme. The speed four is a neat machine and looked after properly will go for ever. Just need to service it regularly and check it over as for any bike. And even an oils seal is cheap and easy enough to fit. So don't be put of its a worth while machine at the right price.
    Ride Safe & Enjoy
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2