2 Up On 16 Speed??

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Moe, Jan 18, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Moe

Moe Senior Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Colchester
    Ok, I'll have to have a look and sit with the wife on the back. Have seen a beautiful trident for just shy of 2k.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Moe

Moe Senior Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Colchester
    Agree with now just having to look at the back of my head!

3. Moe

Moe Senior Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Colchester
    Managed to get off work early so popped down to triumph, they have a '10 bonnie and a new t100 that they are willing to let me use for a few hours, also said I could use their speed s rather than mine to get a feel for the difference! Just the ticket...weather depending will pop over next weekend.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    Use a Pillion Pal cheap as chips, used to take my kids out a lot. They felt much more confident using the PP (was on a busa mind);)

5. Dickie

Dickie Active Member

Jun 8, 2016
    Tadcaster, North Yorks
    My wifes happy all day on the back of my Speed with the grab rail installed.
    I just add 3 clicks of compression & the bikes spot on.

20171022_164138.jpg

6. Moe

Moe Senior Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Colchester
    Thanks, will have a try, the grab rail is a good idea but don't think it works in conjunction with a rear rack, the 16 onwards seat is smaller.

7. Martin Bayliss

Apr 5, 2017
    West Yorkshire

8. Martin Bayliss

Apr 5, 2017
    West Yorkshire
    Had the 1050 Sprint ST for a few years and agree with the comments about comfort for the rider and ability of the pillion to look over the rider but the only downside with that seat is that the two securing bolts (the seat fits lengthways) are right under each of your pillion's bum cheeks and they can generate some choice language after a while!!

9. Moe

Moe Senior Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Colchester
    Haha, I've had a look and too tall for me. Taking a bonnie out on Saturday (weather depending), never know she may hate it! But a low ride I think is more important for me. Had the perfect bike, cbr600 but she didn't say anything when I had it!

10. Gianfranco

Gianfranco Well-Known Member

May 14, 2017
    Italy
    sorry but they can't be put together becouse of the weight or due to some fitting interference?

11. Moe

Moe Senior Member

Jun 10, 2015
    Colchester
    Fitting interference, I had a look at the fitting kit and there is a plate that sits in the tail, and 2 or 4 long bolts you have to drill through the bottom to hold the rack. This is the same fitting for the top box and panniers. Also looking at the diagrams I don't think this will work if you have a evotech tail tidy.