1996 Triumph Daytona 1200

Discussion in 'Daytona' started by Buka, Dec 11, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Buka

Buka New Member

Dec 3, 2019
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    I doubt it mate, the rear bodywork is quite different on the Daytona.
    Welcome to the forum BTW :grinning:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    My gut instinct is that it will fit (sorry Freck!) and it does list the '96 Trophy as being compatible.
    If in doubt you have two options:- contact Corbin direct for their advice OR get your own seat re-upholstered to that sort of design which will probably be a cheaper and possibly better option.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Buka

Buka New Member

Dec 3, 2019
    I talked to Corbin and they were no help. Getting my stock seat done is not an option because I need that backrest for the wife and I to do 2 up riding.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Fair point.
    What about a top box of some sort? Some, such as Givi, could have a padded backrest fitted. They may still be available. You will need a suitable rack to put it on though. But at least you will have somewhere to stash your sandwiches and drinks!
    Works for me!
    Mine is a Givi Wingrack with 36ltr top box - no backrest fitted (on the box itself) as SWMBO never seemed to need one, but others may have different needs/opinions. Some folk don't like boxes, but it has served us very well (with matching panniers when required) over the years. Bike is a '95 Trident 900 which we've had from new and is structurally the same as your Trophy although the bodywork may differ slightly - some models were more rounded as per your Corbin link.

DSCF2328.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  6. Buka

Buka New Member

Dec 3, 2019
    I like that. I’ll have to do some research and see if I can do something similar to my Daytona.

• Like Like x 3
  7. XCaTel

XCaTel Senior Member

Feb 22, 2018
    Ireland
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Mark Piot

Mark Piot New Member

Aug 14, 2023
    Belgium
    Hello, i am new here ,maybe you guys can help me with my Daytona 1200cc 1994.
    When i start the bike it runs nice but if i put a little bit of trottle it stays low or stop runnig, my first idea is not enough fuel or a fuel tap that does not work properly!!!
    Is this a commen problem?

9. STIFFLER

STIFFLER Senior Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Shropshire
    Hi Mark,
    A few things to check.
    Has the bike been standing unused for a long time? Are you using E5 or E10 fuel?
    If its not been used i`d` say its your slow jets bunged up,more so if your using E10 ,Only use E5 as E10 will ruin your fuel lines.

OR if the bike is used regularly,

Disconnect your fuel lines & turn the tap to prime 1st then other positions,tilt tank etc. This should see fuel running out. See if it carry`s on pouring out so your bike should run without stopping. Or take the tank completely off the bike & blow (attach a pipe to each outlet on the tap) through it to see if you hear "bubbles" in the tank to prove tap is`nt blocked. Tap ok then.Check fuel lines are ok & not degrading. There are 2 small filters in the Carb inlets which may be blocked? Rare though!

IMHO ,My money is on slow jets which is a lovely carbs off job! So check tap 1st.
    All the best & good luck.:)

10. Mark Piot

Mark Piot New Member

Aug 14, 2023
    Belgium
    Hello, i am new here ,maybe you guys can help me with my Daytona 1200cc 1994.
    When i start the bike it runs nice but if i put a little bit of trottle it stays low or stop runnig, my first idea is not enough fuel or a fuel tap that does not work properly!!!
    Is this a commen problem?

IMHO ,My money is on slow jets which is a lovely carbs off job! So check tap 1st.
    All the best & good luck.:)[/QUOTE]
    Thanks very much, i knew i have
    to surch in that direction ....The carb's have already been rebuild so...first the fuel tap..