Featured 1995 Triumph Trident 900

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Richard Sharpe, Jan 12, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Richard Sharpe

Richard Sharpe Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2019
    sheffield
    Hi everyone,

So 1995 Triumph Trident 900

I’ve been rebuilding this for a while after it was sat for a long time.
    Reasonably Low mileage for the age of just over 22K which may go up a little bit.
    Lots of work done recently, new clutch, brake pads, ignition coils, carbs cleaned and rebuilt, new air filter, spark plugs, battery, oil filter and change, coolant , indicators, crank position sensor, main loom cleaned and re wrapped, new indicator relay, Stainless engine bolts and Timing shims checked and changed as needed.

Great bike, they are going up in value now as many of you probably know, I’ll be sad to see it go after all the work I’ve put into it but i will need the space and its just a bit too heavy for me.
    A few age related marks and and a small rip in the seat which i have put patches over to stop them getting worse but nothing serious.
    MOT on Monday so it will have a full 12 months.

senssible offers

IMG_2601.JPG
    IMG_2602.JPG
    IMG_2603.JPG IMG_2604.JPG IMG_2605.JPG IMG_2607.JPG IMG_2609.JPG

IMG_2608.JPG

IMG_2606.JPG

• Like Like x 13
  2. Richard Sharpe

Aug 30, 2019
    sheffield
    well good luck with it, always worth the effort.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. MattGaydon

MattGaydon Noble Member

Jun 11, 2015
    Godalming
    I’ve no idea what a sensible offer is so what sort of ball park are you thinking?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Richard Sharpe

Aug 30, 2019
    sheffield
    Well good ones currently seem to be going for 2495, Ive advertised for that elsewhere, but realistically would take less if I get zero interest. They are going up in value again now. I was expecting to re cover the seat and put 2 tyres on it as the front is a bit low on tread but it passed the MOT with no advisories and the mechanic said they were fine so i would be willing to drop a bit off the price for these

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    In my experience, the phrase "sensible offer" is an oxymoron more often than not. :joy::joy: My hubby always says, "something is worth what you can sell it for tomorrow". My take is that typically a seller thinks that what he or she's selling is worth more than it is and the potential buyer thinks it's worth less.

Beautiful bike, Richard! :) I wish you well in selling the Trident and I hope that it get a good home like it deserves. :kissing:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. Richard Sharpe

Aug 30, 2019
    sheffield
    I’m well aware it’s only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, I’m just advertising it comparably to what is already out there advertised, and I think out of every one I’ve seen this is in my opinion the best.
    Everyone says It’s a beautiful bike, and its bike that is quickly becoming a modern classic and according to howmanyleft.co.uk There is less than 100 of them left, only 36 of them actually on the road.
    £2500 ish, I will probably end up taking a bit less, for a rare appreciating bike in this condition, with a full MOT (no advisories) is surly a steal.
    Also loads of them are ending up as CRK cafe racers or scramblers which I admit I thought about doing, but I actually kept it as standard as I think they have started to look good and hopefully someone will appreciate it.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    I'm afraid that if I was trying to sell a bike that I described and advertised as you have your Trident, Richard, I'd wind up keeping it!! :p:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Richard Sharpe

Aug 30, 2019
    sheffield
    I am very tempted but I just don’t have the space, I am going to be renovating more bikes and bikes parts for people and I need the space. Also I’m after something newer for myself.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Hydrophobic Membrane

Hydrophobic Membrane Active Member

Jun 7, 2017
    Dorset
    Stunning bike.

Shame Triumph haven't refreshed this bike along with a couple of models from the Thunderbird 900 range:confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. MonkeyHanger

MonkeyHanger Active Member

Sep 3, 2017
    Barnstaple, Devon
    That is a cracking example of a Proper Job (like what they say down here)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Chris H

Chris H New Member

Sep 20, 2020
    Boroughbridge
    Hi Richard, just to let you know that I've just taken ownership of your old Trident. First Triumph I've ever owned but a lovely example and already turned a few heads. I've printed post from January advertising it as it's provided me with a useful bit of service history.
    Planned jobs are to remove a dink in the fuel tank, polish up the chrome and return the indicators to the original black ones. Other than that, it's a lovely machine and we'll done on bringing it back from the brink!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Hi Chris and welcome in. How is Boroughbridge nowadays? Used to live in Minskip back in the day but drink in Boroughbridge.

13. Chris H

Chris H New Member

Sep 20, 2020
    Boroughbridge
    Bozza same as ever but the pubs are like any

where nowadays, pretty empty!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Used to drink in Muskies and Malt Shovel, both of which are gone now. Alternatives were Grannies and Black Bull.

• Like Like x 1