1992 Triumph Trophy 1200 Engine Sound

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Gvidas, Sep 6, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Gvidas

Gvidas New Member

Sep 6, 2018
    Lithuania
    Hello,

So I recently bought old Triumph for a project,never had a Triumph before so I dont know is this sound supposed to be or it is a problem somewhere in engine. It kinda annoys me as a fact.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    They are very agricultural engines and noisy by today's standards.
    My Sprint sounds very similar, just a tad more throaty, had her for 6 years now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Gvidas

Gvidas New Member

Sep 6, 2018
    Lithuania
    Thanks for a quick response. Well everything sounds perfect for me except that squeky part of the sound,when you drive it you hear just squeky sound not the exhaust sound.
    Sorry for mistakes.

4. Rocker

Rocker Elite Member

May 1, 2016
    Suffolk
    sounds ok to me

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pitbull

Pitbull Well-Known Member
    Subscriber

Jun 5, 2015
    Ashington
    Sounds like a typical Trumpet Triple to me. You can recognise a them by that distinctive sound when they come down the road, no need to look. Next time you are out and a Sprint or something similar comes along, listen and it will sound the same.

• Like Like x 1
  6. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I have a tiger and have a similar noisebut not as loud, trawling the internet, often dangerous, I found a video of a tiger with a similar noise. The guy disconnected the wire to the reg/rec while the bike was running and it disappears so he replaced it. Something to do with the stator having to work harder. Bullshit or not I’ve no idea, haven’t had a chance to try on mine yet . Hi

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Reading crispey's post I seem to recall someone saying the noise dropped a little with the lights switched on for the same reason on the older carbed bikes, doesnt make any difference to my sprint tho..

8. Gvidas

Gvidas New Member

Sep 6, 2018
    Lithuania
    Still working and trying to finish my project and geting used to "turbocharged" engine sound. Did a lot of research and the whistle/whine sound comes out of "sraight-cut gears". Have a nice end of the session ✌

received_631909000673067.jpeg

• Like Like x 2