Featured 1983 Tsx For Sale

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by britbikelover, Apr 8, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. britbikelover

britbikelover Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2020
    northern california
    Have to part with my last Brit bike, beloved 1983 TSX special black edition.
    Listed today on Craigslist SF, but really want it to go to a British bike lover.
    Any ideas what it is worth. Thanks

tsx1.jpg

tsx2.jpg

tsx3.jpg

tsx4.jpg

tsx5.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  2. Hobnail

Hobnail Senior Member

Jan 4, 2020
    USA
    Looks pretty nice. Last real year for Triumph Meridian. I have seen them priced all over the map. Baxter in Iowa posted one for $9000. I would start high, something like $7000 - $8000 and you can always come down. It may take some time, as only Triumph people will want to buy and everybody is looking for a bargain. I was shopping for my first Triumph and saw those new in the showrooms, along with a few TSS models. Days gone by...

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. johne

johne Standing on the shoulders of dwarves.

Jan 16, 2020
    Where the Wolds meet the sea
    Am I reading the odo correctly? Has it only done 6 miles?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    #4 Wire-Wheels, Apr 14, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
    If it were mine, I would list it on Cycle Trader. Craigslist seems to bring out all the dirtbags with no money in the neighborhood. Just saying. I'm in So.Cal. ...J.D.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. britbikelover

britbikelover Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2020
    northern california
    Thanks for all the above input, think I will list it with Cycle Trader, all I get from CL is lowballers.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Hobnail

Hobnail Senior Member

Jan 4, 2020
    USA
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. MyEvilTwin

MyEvilTwin Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2020
    Sugartown Cabaret
    ^This! - yet I did find my gently used gem on CL. Ever since that day I have yet to reproduce that when looking for a second bike. Fake or outdated pics, Fake contact info used to grab your mobile phone or email to be sold to spam, or just general bullshitters selling pure crap for high coin that has been sitting, rotting or abused.

• Agree Agree x 1