Featured 1966 T120 Restoration

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by darkman, Aug 6, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tibster

Tibster Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2019
    Witney
    What no painted mudguards , thats too easy ! ;) Hey looks great , like the single clock look too or is another to be put on ? its going to be a job come sunny days which to take out . Nice problem to have though .

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    Lol, although i don't mind either its that has to be original so alloy guards it is, only a rev counter as thats again how they came ( i just work out the revs and put a little drop of paint on the glass for 30 40 50 mph ) I need to stop building bikes and concentrate on doing some work now or just go out for a ride :) So how's the T120 going and have you found a bike to build for your brother.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tibster

Feb 10, 2019
    Witney
    Hey the 69 is fine thanks , due to timings and the lack of proper bike gear I have only managed 15 miles ! I last road a bike my zx9r some 19 years ago so the perf leathers didnt quite lend themself to the bonnie .
    Glad to report though got a new lid and boots at the bike live show , a new wax jacket turned up in the sale a week ago along with some jeans so now I have no excuses and looking forward to some decent weather .
    Hopefully we will meet one day at a show perhaps , would be great to see our two 69 T120's side by side ,would make a fine pair I rekon . I will put some pics up next time I take it out .
    Still have an eye out for a bike for bro , just need to finish the Mga first . Which could be a while as my life seems to be in freefall at present as my fiancee of 20 years sadly died unexpectedy on the30thdec . This is a welcome distraction from reality . Best wishes H

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. darkman

Oct 26, 2015
    Wow, sorry to hear about your loss Tibs :-( Definitely get out on that bike this year and have some fun :) I tried to contact Simon for some lining the other day only to find out he had sadly passed away :-( so i'm talking to chap that worked in the paint shop at triumph back in the 70's to see if he can do it, take care n keep busy :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Tibster

Feb 10, 2019
    Witney
    Thanks mate , you never know whats around the corner unfortunately ,life can be very cruel . Hopefully by the summer I should be in a better /different place and I think the bike will help me clear my head and be a good distraction . Will be interesting watching learning from the ex Triumph painter hope he can sort it for you .

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. darkman

Oct 26, 2015
    You have my number if you are going to any shows or just what to chat bollox Henry, take care :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    That is one very good looking bike mate, I take my hat of to you for your diligence and accuracy

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Tibster

Feb 10, 2019
    Witney
    Sounds good ,many thanks , when the weathers good and reliability has been proven (not that I wouldnt naturally believe in an old Brit bike ;) ) I would be happy to venture down your way if theres a show about . Best H

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. darkman

Oct 26, 2015
    Sammy Miller did a Triumph day last year at the museum that was good with a great selection of bikes, i will be going to it again this year.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Samz

Samz Elite Member
    Subscriber

Aug 7, 2016
    York uk
    Just how many trumpets u got dark Man!? Looks to be a few in that (garage)? ;) :cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. darkman

Oct 26, 2015
    7 now with our 2 modern 1200 speed twins, i must stop building them and get on with some work that pays me some dosh lol. Took a bit of a gamble with the last one but it has worked out ok ish :eek:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    [QUOTE="darkman, post: 383510, member: 3813" Took a bit of a gamble with the last one but it has worked out OK ISH :eek:[/QUOTE]

LAYDEEZ HAN JENHULMEN - I INTRODUCE TO YOU ..... THE MASTER OF UNDERSTATEMENT ......... DARKMAN! o_O

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. darkman

Oct 26, 2015
    Well that's it, pipes on and oils done, rear chain threaded in and will start it and run it through a heat cycle in the week when its dry so i can blast it up the road on the back wheel.

20200125_151332.jpg

20200125_151342.jpg

• Like Like x 12
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Tom Gillam

Tom Gillam Guest

That’s beautiful ,
    but you still haven’t told me where you live.....
    Seriously ,very impressed and full of admiration for your due diligence.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  15. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Exceptional work :cool:

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Don the Don

Don the Don Bigger Than The Average Bear

Nov 5, 2019
    MORAY UK
    So looking forward to your ride report and maybe some pictures outside, again top job mate

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  17. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

That's just stunning.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  18. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    Love it :heart_eyes:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    I'm considering billing you for the underpants and trousers I ruin every time you post pictures of your completed work ...............

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  20. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
    Absolutely first class job there @darkman , an absolute credit to your skills.
    And I, like many others I’m sure, have thoroughly enjoyed your posts on the progress.
    Thank you :grinning:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1