1950 250 Bdg Parts?

Discussion in 'Vintage Classics' started by markku korhonen, Dec 24, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. markku korhonen

markku korhonen New Member

Dec 24, 2020
    Finland
    Hello i got first motorcycle and its a project... where i can find new parts for this?

I need at least better handlebars, exhaust manifold, front end acorn nuts etc

i only found exhaust silencer

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. Samsgrandad

Samsgrandad Senior Member

Dec 15, 2019
    Somerset
    What is it? Clearly a 2 stroke is it a Villiers engine? Handlebars will be readily available from many classic bike suppliers.

• Like Like x 2
  3. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Markku Korhonen.
    Welcome to the family. Great old machine. Yes looks like a Villiers. There is a few Villiers dealers out there. But what a lovely machine and restoration project. do try ad get us more info on so we can follow on the restoration. Please do the restoration the builds and projects so we can follow you the job and do post plenty of pictures. Thanks for sharing the picture. And do have a great Christmas and New Year.
    Joe

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. markku korhonen

Dec 24, 2020
    Finland
    Thanks guys, dont know anything about motorcycles, i only have had mopes and old american cars :D Maybe i create some topic and post. Can anyone mention these dealers and link on those handlebars which are mention.

I am from Finland btw

garage where this was were burn to the ground but bike was saved, metal is in good condition almost no rust or dents.

• Like Like x 2
  5. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    Hi, Markku and welcome.
    Handlebar size will, at a guess, around 7/8inch or its metric equivalent, which should be easily available.
    Are there ANY identifying marks/names anywhere on the bike e.g. a makers' plate on the frame somewhere. It seems to be of European origin as the rear brake is on the right (thus gearchange on the left - so not likely to be of UK origin). That engine is nothing like any Villiers engine that I have ever seen. My first instinct would be something like DMW, DKW or Puch.
    Whatever it turns out to be it will be well worth restoring, though possibly not financially.
    You lucky fella!!!:cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. markku korhonen

Dec 24, 2020
    Finland
    #6 markku korhonen, Dec 24, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
    I have no bike here at the moment but engine number is same as in frame plate, i'll do this for my self so even it maybe has no big value it's great looking bike and was pretty cheap.

And i know there is thousand different handlebars but i like to have same model or close

• Like Like x 2
  7. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    I'm not greatly familiar with the Villiers family of engines but I have this vague, nagging doubt about this .... for the simple but wholly unscientific recollection - or lack thereof - that all of the Villiers engined bikes that I can recall from my mis-spent youth had drive side output on the left hand side.

I'm wondering if, perhaps, the later Villiers motors weren't fundamentally German designs appropriated after one or other wars?

None of that helps, though, so my apologies. I agree entirely with Stevethegoolie that, whatever it is , it's a nice project. I think it might help if we could have more pictures and some close ups?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Iron

Iron Guest

Previous post was miles off so I deleted it. This one, however, is fantastic :cool:

It's a TWN BD250H from the 1950s
    Which is a TRIUMPH WERKE NURNBERG. This is the street version, they made an alloy barrelled racing version as well.

The founder of Triumph, Seigfreid Bettmann, founded two Triumph factories - one in Coventry and another in Nuremberg. These are the Triumphs from Nuremberg. They didn't do so well.

Emblem_TWN.JPG

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    #10 stevethegoolie, Jan 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    Nice one, Iron.
    Found a picture on www.classic-trader.com of a TWN BDG 250 which looks to be a dead ringer for the OP's bike - give or take a few bits and pieces.
    Well done, Sir!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    #11 Adie P, Jan 13, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 5