Featured 1500 Miles On My 2019 Speed Rs

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Allan Engel, Oct 22, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Welcome aboard Allan. Nice stuff buddy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Allan Engel

Allan Engel Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2018
    Boulder, Colorado USA
    Check with your dealer. When I purchased my ride (August) no accessories were yet available in the US. I got mine from a UK dealer,along with the little windscreen that sits above the OE fly screen - my favorite accessory of all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Sideburn

Sideburn Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2018
    Colorado
    One question. Did the kit come with a different relay to adjust the blinking rate?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Allan Engel

Sep 16, 2018
    Boulder, Colorado USA
    No. The blinking rate is the same as OE.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sideburn

Nov 27, 2018
    Colorado
    I ended up going with Rizoma Leggera indicators as I wanted something a bit smaller. They are superb quality and really bright. I bought the led relay based on comments elsewhere, but it is not necessary, similar to your experience. The blink rate is the same. I wonder if the newer triumphs have a canbus or something a bit smarter that can control the blink rate regardless of load?

Anyway, so far the bike is brilliant and Colorado weather is superb today!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Allan Engel.
    Well I have decided I don't like you. Showing me a video of fantastic bike terrific weather out of this world twisties and bends sweepers and moving scenery. Do you know it has rained here cold freezing rain. Boy you know how to rub our noses in it. But on a serious note all fantastic and the sounds seemed alright to me I forgot the volume.
    Great shots enjoy the bike and this Family.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Allan Engel

Sep 16, 2018
    Boulder, Colorado USA
    Hello 'Sideburn' - so, where in Colorado? I winterized my bikes a few weeks back. I should not have. With the tempts in the 50's, and consistently dry, I'm missing out on some nice riding weather. The mountain passes are a bit messy but there is plenty to chose from to the east. I'm sure you to have your favorites.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sideburn

Nov 27, 2018
    Colorado
    I'm in the Broomfield/Westmister area. Yea, I went east today and it was a great ride. Next week looks to be good, so get out on it and ride!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. SteveRS

SteveRS First Class Member

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    I purchased Rizoma Corsa signals for my RS. I took a look this evening regarding taking off the Carbon rad cowls but couldn’t figure out how they come off. Did you remove them to fit the new turn signals?

10. Sideburn

Nov 27, 2018
    Colorado
    Yes, they are easy to remove. Unscrew the bolt for the OEM turn signals and then just slide them forward (the carbon piece and metal part behind it. The rear part is held by a u-shaped knob and rubber grommet.

11. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Thanks for the quick reply. I actually tried that, it seem like it wanted to move and then got stuck and I was worried about harming the carbon fibre. So I guess a little more force is required then

12. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Thanks for the quick reply. I actually tried that, it seem like it wanted to move and then got stuck and I was worried about harming the carbon fibre. So I guess a little more force is required then

13. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Allen, how do you like the windscreen? I’m considering one but only if it makes an improvement with wind blast at highway speeds. Have you ridden with it off the bike as well?

14. Allan Engel

Sep 16, 2018
    Boulder, Colorado USA
    I do like the windscreen. I absolutely experience less wind. No turbulence or added noise. I prefer the aesthetics of the screen added. It's one of those things that should be OE.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Thanks very much.

16. Captain Trips

Captain Trips Member

Feb 4, 2019
    Surrey, UK
    I agree, I have a 2016 R which I picked up in January. Riding home I felt it was far more windy than my '07 had been, lots of buffeting at motorway speeds. I bought and fitted a screen within a couple of weeks and love it. It just keeps things a little quieter and smoother. I'm 5'11" and the screen definitely works for me.

• Like Like x 1
  17. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Thanks for your input, I appreciate it

18. Sideburn

Nov 27, 2018
    Colorado
    anyone know the part number for this or where to get it?

19. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    I found the part number on the Triumph UK site, then did a google search. I also found a Canadian site that has them as well :)

868D8E5C-3D4F-4711-B66F-B909C018904B.png

D64FA6EA-D70D-49B4-B429-0448FF40F9F2.png

20. SteveRS

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    Oh, and you better hurry up and buy it because as you can see it’s a huge sale ;)

• Funny Funny x 2