Scrambler 1200xe - Any Upgrades For The Pillions Comfort ?

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Dazzathestag, May 30, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dazzathestag

Dazzathestag New Member

May 23, 2020
    Norfolk
    Here’s my dilemma!
    I’m looking to purchase my first bike and love the 1200 Scrambler. The issue I have is that whilst I will probably be riding solo most of the time, I want to keep my better half onside in the purchasing process, she has never ridden pillion but is willing to try. However she likes the thought of something behind her on the bike ie top box or some form of back rest.
    The scrambler 1200 doesn’t seem the best bike for a pillion but I cant really find anything else I like that is also pillion friendly with a good seat and ability to put luggage or a back rest on. We did look at a Suzuki Vstrom which was ok but just didn’t have that same impact.
    The other option might be a Tiger but again I feel I am sacrificing the looks for the better pillion ride

I cant find any accessories for the 1200 that would allow a back box or any for of backrest - does anyone know of any options ?

The side grab rails seem to be pretty good that you can add but need something a little bit more

Any suggestions or comments very much appreciated

2. cliverdee

cliverdee Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2014
    Nottingham
    Hi, sadly I’m thinking the Scrambler and pillion comfort is not going to happen... not got one myself but I’ve a Street Scrambler which although smaller is same sort of styling with (hot) high exhausts next to a pillions leg, and nothing much of a rear perch. The styling of the Scramblers in my opinion doesn’t really go hand in hand with any possible bits and pieces for 2 up comfort and as I only ride solo it’s perfect for me. Good luck with the quest !

• Like Like x 1