1200 Rs On Order! Anyone Else Eager?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Cam 147, Mar 18, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Cam 147

Cam 147 New Member

Mar 12, 2021
    Shropshire
    hi there, new to the forum as havent previously had a triumph. however just wondering has anyone else pre ordered the 1200rs or planning to buy? what deals you got from dealer? insurance ? Also ideas on accessories to get or garage equipment /security. ie which paddock stand is best / locks etc . i have ordered the black with heated grips, maybe a flyscreen also, but may wait for aftermarket screens to be released for better wind protection. wondered about rear wheel finisher but might be a pain depending on what paddock stand i get.
    my dealer has offered 15%off accessories and free fitting. 25% off clothing etc and free first service including parts.
    interested to know what others have been offered etc. thanks

2. Pegscraper

Pegscraper Elite Member

Jun 12, 2020
    Yorkshire
    Super nakeds aren't really my bag but it looks way better than the KTM offerings and is very well specced with a class leading electronics package. If you plan on doing your own maintenance and tyre changes etc I can recommend an ABBA Skylift if you have room in the garage and they do adaptors to fit the new model. I use an Oxford Monster padlock and chain, heavy but as good any any and recognised by the insurers. ABUS also do some decent security gear. I would imagine the bike comes with a built in immobiliser so wouldn't bother with additional alarms personally.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
  4. And

And New Member

Mar 24, 2021
    Bedfordshire
    Hi Cam

I bought one of the last of the 1050’s this week. I asked the dealer if he had received many 1200 orders yet and he said he hadn’t. I was surprised but I’m sure the bikes will be a very popular. It has serious spec as you know.

On accessories I went crash protection and rear wheel bobbins plus heated grips and quick shifter which I assume you get as standard. I don’t think it will need a screen. I’ve had three street triples and a screen on one of them. I don’t like the look and don’t think it makes much difference on wind blast. I think a tail tidy would look great on the 1200 and would compliment the low slung exhaust.

Let us know how you get in with it and post pics.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    #5 Ducatitotriumph, Mar 25, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
    i've just bought a litelok and a monimoto tracker to replace the oxford monster (i've had that 12 years and has been perfect tbh) but impractical to carry about/trips.
    Give that a look as well recommended (after putting it on) and definitely one to take on trips as it's very light and strong.
    Unlike me....

6. mappster

mappster Member

Jan 24, 2017
    North Wales
    I'm considering buying one, but want to see, ride it first. I think it needs a fly screen as it looks a bit open without one. Always been standard previously. The exhaust would also have to go once a replacement was available along with the the number plate hanger. Downside of a tail tidy is that all the crud off the back wheel ends up on your back.

• Like Like x 1