Scrambler 1200 Emergency Key Receiver

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Rrmdeuce, Aug 2, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rrmdeuce

Rrmdeuce New Member

Jul 22, 2020
    California
    Has anyone had to use or tried to use the emergency key transmitter under the seat? My new 1200XE has been in the shop all week and the technicians can’t seem to get the bike to recognize the regular keys for use when the key fob fails.

B89C9405-4528-4EBB-B53E-3EAE48111A6C.jpeg

2. Haro

Haro Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2020
    Australia
    Tried it and worked no problems.

• Like Like x 1
  3. XCaTel

XCaTel Senior Member

Feb 22, 2018
    Ireland
    Even if the main wireless key battery is dead it works as a non powered key like the spares so try it with that first. If it works but the two other keys don't then they have not been paired. Up to 3 keys can be paired. I use mine all the time on my Tiger 1200 but you do have to have the key bang on where the receiver is located, keep it held there, even move it around a little while pushing the start button at the same time. You should have a little wireless logo under the seat to show its location.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Rrmdeuce

Rrmdeuce New Member

Jul 22, 2020
    California
    Thx XCaTel, if the dealership can’t get it sorted out by Tuesday I’m bringing it home and I’ll see if it recognizes the main key on the radio receiver under the seat.

• Like Like x 2
  5. haydenvn

haydenvn Member

Jan 14, 2018
    sunny wirral uk
    i had my 1200xe serviced today by smiths and after the 1 1/2 service it was passed to me but it would not start up. The dealer used the method of turning the key on and pressing the start button at the same time. I said i would not take it if that was what was required each time. They went away to check the key fob program and returned 15 mins later and all ok. it turned out if the key is within range of the bike for 30mins but the bike is not running, it shuts down as a security mode. By moving key away and waiting 10 minutes it returns back to normal and all works ok. still think this is something none of us wanted.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
  6. MrTriple

MrTriple One Cylinder Short

Jan 23, 2017
    Epping Forest
    Good on you for not accepting it like that :)

I often hang my key on the brake lever when working on it in the garage...and that's never happened when I've tried to start it afterwards. It takes me much longer than 30 minutes to do most simple tasks too :yum

Also...I can easily yak bike stuff for that long at the local tea hut and not stray out of range. It does sound a bit strange - and worth testing out.

7. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    There are quite a few owners on Scrambler 1200 Facebook groups who have persistent fob issues, so much so they have moved the underseat attena so the standard key can be used without removing seat

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Rrmdeuce

Rrmdeuce New Member

Jul 22, 2020
    California
    So, after being at the dealer for a week and a live computer reset with Triumph USA they finally got it working correctly. They had a list of excuses, I think the keys were never mated with the bike. I have a few vehicles with keyless start....What was Ever wrong with a key?

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. haydenvn

haydenvn Member

Jan 14, 2018
    sunny wirral uk
    the sager continues but now smiths have ordered a replacement key fob. we shall see if this works.

• Like Like x 1