Scrambler 1200 Auxiliary Power Socket

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by Shaun64, Feb 25, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Shaun64

Shaun64 Senior Member

Feb 23, 2020
    England
    I’ve seen triumph do a auxiliary power socket for the triumph scrambler 1200, has anyone fitted one? As I can’t find a pic of we’re you fit it on the bike.

2. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    #2 Repooh, Feb 25, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2020
    I'm having one fitted tomorrow. It's Hella and goes in the blank next to the steering lock, nice and neat. The wiring is in the headlamp bowl already waiting to connect, looks easy albeit I'm a lazy fella, socket £25 ish fitting 30 minutes so about a grand from Triumph

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Shaun64

Shaun64 Senior Member

Feb 23, 2020
    England
    Thanks for reply repooh , that sounds the ideal place to fit it next to steering lock will be ideal for my slack Nav .

• Like Like x 1
  4. Canada Rob

Canada Rob Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2021
    canada
    i did mine. its pretty simple, the only thing to note is to put some tape on the headlight bucket and the bracket and put a tick with a marker on both sides so that you can re-align the headlight. I think it took about 30 mins to do , i had to take the unit garage windshield off first to do it though, one thing to note, that socket is powered even when the bike is off, not my preference to be honest but i will live with it