Thruxton 12 months complimentary break down cover

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by dickydido, Feb 2, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Pottsy

Pottsy Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Plymouth, UK
    I will test ride the bobber at some stage, but after spending so much getting lily fit for Mrs Pottsy to ride, I can,t see me changing any time soon. My dual seat is currently in with sussex motor cycles having its 3rd and final re modelling to keep her comfy. I hope.

2. dickydido

dickydido Senior Member

Nov 3, 2016
    Wiltshire
    Hi Pottsy,

.....the lengths us men go to to please our other halves!......third time lucky?.......fingers crossed!

......if not, a gym membership for Mrs P?......rear end re-modelling/firming of a different kind!.......but to even broach this solution could be a life changing/threatening experience.

Cheers,

dickydido

3. Pottsy

Pottsy Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Plymouth, UK
    I think what I have to do to please will not even be a drop in the ocean compared with what you will need to do from now until the end of time, in light of your very special wife.:D

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wag

Wag Active Member

Jun 19, 2016
    exmouth
    Whats happening about our recall , Mr P ? i'd forgot all about it.

5. Pottsy

Pottsy Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Plymouth, UK
    Hi Wag
    All good with you I hope.
    If you mean the fuel recall, Triumph notified us by post and mine was all done. If you mean the condensation on the clocks, you have to get a picture and email it to Dave at Plymouth Triumph showing the condensation, not easy to capture on a picture, but I did and my claim is going through. If you mean the shocks rubbing black plastic, you have to do the same take a picture showing rubbing and pass on to Dave. Better still come down to Plymouth on the 01st april for the open day get a free burger and pass details onto Dave there and then, Oh you need your mileage as well. IF its for anything else you will have to refresh my memory. And they even gotta band .

6. Wag

Wag Active Member

Jun 19, 2016
    exmouth
    About 86% good, ta. It's that fuel harness thing.Last I was told was that they were collating a list and would notify when they were ready. I think that was December. I might make the 1th of april, Doris will be in Suffolk. Ive got a vrod too now so can't promise what i'll be on .

7. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Congratulations, your the first person I have heard admitting that theses pcp deals are a load of bollox.
    I was under the impression when you signed up, there was a guaranteed value at the end of the scheme?
    Also, it seems to be inferred, that all you do is hand the old one back after two / three years, and they give you a new one, never really mentioning, having to add money to the deal, as well as pay the monthly rental?
    Can I ask was it hundred or thousands you have to add to the pot?

8. Ashtons99

Ashtons99 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2018
    Doncaster
    E30EBDB3-1549-4A85-97FD-5B4AEE51B48D.jpeg Hmmm....looks familiar.....another torn valve

• Like Like x 1
  9. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    @MrOrange Having a beer with a mate the other week and his BMW X5 deal is up soon. Pretty sure he said he needed to find £17k for the final payment which he was obviously balking at !!!!!

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    I think the guaranteed value is for the dealer not the buyer.
    If it’s only worth 5k and you owe 7k you’re down 2 .

These deals do work out if you’re putting it through a business and claiming back the payments against your tax but if it’s just for personal use shy away

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    Yes the guaranteed value is for the dealers benefit.
    Another mate bought a 150 bhp Focus on PCP. Near the end of the deal he kept getting pestered by Ford. The deals kept getting better but inevitably involved him giving them more money than currently at that time. In the end he decided to keep it and pay the £7500 or something like final payment.
    He later found out the 150 horse model was quite a bit rarer than most and so worth a fair bit more than what they were offering him.
    Caveat Emptor.