"11 Speed Triple, Valve Clearances

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by DeletedUser, Jan 12, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    if you don’t mind me bumping in what did the 12k service cost,I’m not paying triumph prices that’s for sure thanks

2. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    No worries Chuk. The full linkages, rear hub, brakes, head bearings, valves etc was £380 plus one single coffee! He found two linkage bearings were knackered but didn't have the gear to change them so I did them myself. Really good job all round.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    I agree and tend to think of them as a set. The gearbox sprocket will be more worn still.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. feckless

feckless Senior Member

Apr 16, 2019
    Cumbria
    yes I have just replaced the chain and sprocket on my lads 675 tona the rear sprocket looked good but the front was well hooked. chain was definitely on its last legs as you could lift it way too much on the rear sprocket

• Like Like x 1
  5. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    That’s a decent price from memory the triumph shop was over £500,will need to phone some independent shops in Glasgow area thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Muddysump comes to your place to do the work, Chuk. May not be convenient for you but where I live it is a godsend as there is no dealer anywhere near.

• Like Like x 1
  7. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    I think my location maybe a bit far for him I’m about 12 miles outside Glasgow,days off start on Monday going to phone a few places.

8. Dawsy

Dawsy Cumbrian half-wit
    Subscriber

Aug 24, 2018
    Cumbria
    Chuk, he travels all round the country. Gets a batch of jobs then does them over a couple of days. Based in North East somewhere. Worth an email.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. chuk

chuk Well-Known Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    #29 chuk, Jan 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    Have sent him a message will see if it can be arranged as no chance it’s going to triumph dealer at their prices,he’s getting a hip replacement end of February so not spannering for a while folks.

• Like Like x 2