Featured 100 Year Old Biker

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Jadorff, May 21, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jadorff

Jadorff Noble Member

Apr 14, 2019
    Adelaide Australia
    . 100 year old biker

• Like Like x 11
  2. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Good on him, i like his safety gear:laughing:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning!
    Subscriber

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    I was really impressed as he pushed the bike out of the garage until I noticed the side car. :)
    Anyway, this man is still impressively strong at an age most of us will never reach.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. fzr162

fzr162 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2019
    Keighley west yorkSHIRE
    Great to see old timers still riding. My dad's 83 and rides as often as he can although he's a fair weather rider these days. He has a 54 Matchless 500 single a 78 Honda 550/4 and a 77 Kawasaki KH250. His favourite is the Matchless.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Riggers

Riggers Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2020
    Hull
    I think I'm doing well riding at 67, but I've got a mate who's 86 and still riding. He's got an Aerial Red Hunter 500 single, and a modern Honda 500 twin. A couple of years ago he came with us on the ferry from Hull to Rotterdam and down to Normandy. He's also building himself a special with a Matchless G50 engine and Rickman frame. He reckons it's biking that keeps him going and I believe it.:)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Passion keeps you young :heart_eyes:, great post.
    I like how he got growled by his mum for buying a motorcycle :cool:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Lou160487

Lou160487 Active Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Florida U.S.A
    Great video. Hope I'm still riding the last day of my days. A hundred may be unreachable. But a fella can hope.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    A great video and story that really made me smile. :) And it gives me hope that I have many riding years ahead of me. What a great attitude he has and what great memories. I love that he has a sidecar on his bike. :grinning: I say whatever it takes. Mr. Sandi claims that he'll never ride a trike or three-wheeled bike "when the time comes". But he does comment on having a bike with a sidecar so he can take the dog. ;) Me, I'll ride whatever will keep me in the wind when I'm not able to ride two wheels safely anymore.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1