Featured 100 Year Old Biker

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Jadorff, May 21, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Jadorff

Jadorff Noble Member

Apr 14, 2019
    Adelaide Australia
    . 100 year old biker

• Like Like x 15
  2. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Good on him, i like his safety gear:laughing:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    I was really impressed as he pushed the bike out of the garage until I noticed the side car. :)
    Anyway, this man is still impressively strong at an age most of us will never reach.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  4. fzr162

fzr162 Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2019
    Keighley west yorkSHIRE
    Great to see old timers still riding. My dad's 83 and rides as often as he can although he's a fair weather rider these days. He has a 54 Matchless 500 single a 78 Honda 550/4 and a 77 Kawasaki KH250. His favourite is the Matchless.

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Riggers

Riggers Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2020
    Hull
    I think I'm doing well riding at 67, but I've got a mate who's 86 and still riding. He's got an Aerial Red Hunter 500 single, and a modern Honda 500 twin. A couple of years ago he came with us on the ferry from Hull to Rotterdam and down to Normandy. He's also building himself a special with a Matchless G50 engine and Rickman frame. He reckons it's biking that keeps him going and I believe it.:)

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Passion keeps you young :heart_eyes:, great post.
    I like how he got growled by his mum for buying a motorcycle :cool:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Lou160487

Lou160487 Senior Member

Jun 16, 2020
    Florida U.S.A
    Great video. Hope I'm still riding the last day of my days. A hundred may be unreachable. But a fella can hope.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    A great video and story that really made me smile. :) And it gives me hope that I have many riding years ahead of me. What a great attitude he has and what great memories. I love that he has a sidecar on his bike. :grinning: I say whatever it takes. Mr. Sandi claims that he'll never ride a trike or three-wheeled bike "when the time comes". But he does comment on having a bike with a sidecar so he can take the dog. ;) Me, I'll ride whatever will keep me in the wind when I'm not able to ride two wheels safely anymore.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. johne

johne Standing on the shoulders of dwarves.

Jan 16, 2020
    Where the Wolds meet the sea
    At 65 I hope to be riding for a few years yet and I know there are quite a few members here senior to me. Just out of interest (you may wish to remain anonymous, Sir or Madam) but who is the oldest rider on this forum?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. TRIPLE X

TRIPLE X Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2021
    Downham Market, Norfolk
    74 and riding a Speed Triple 1050 RS but only on warm summer days. Surely there are others older and still riding?

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Adie P

Adie P Crème de la Crème

Jul 7, 2018
    MID DEVON
    A couple of days short (literally and figuratively) of 74; riding any one of a number of T300 Triumphs ('92, '93 & '94 Trident 750s and 900; '99 Thunderbird Sport; '94 & '95 Speed triple 900s and/or a Street Triple 675) and a BMW 1200 RT or Yamaha FJR1300 Blood Bikes.

• Like Like x 5
    • Love You Love You x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. tumblingdice54

tumblingdice54 New Member

Dec 8, 2023
    Kingston, ON, Canada
    I'm 70 and have been a fair weather rider for 17 years at least. If you aren't having to commute daily anymore, what is the point of riding in the rain anyway? I threw out my rain suit the day I retired from the military at 53 and have not missed it one iota. My consulting days for 12 years never needed it as I only worked from home. Believe me when I say riding in the rain in North America and Europe was uncomfortable, mostly unsafe and a pain in the rear.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Just a young sprog of 69 (the big70 in 3 months time). Still managed a 3k+ mls in 3wks Euro tour last year on my BMW S1000XR with SWMBO riding pillion, and managed to get thoroughly soaked on a couple of days. But generally I'll avoid wet weather riding, still have my Speed Triple for day rides and SWMBO (6 months younger than I, but don't tell anyone I said) also rides her Street Triple on day rides.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. littleade

littleade The only sane one here
    Subscriber

Mar 17, 2015
    Worcestershire
    I'm 67 and for the most part a fair weather rider. I don't mind getting caught out in the rain if I'm unlucky, but won't go out if it's raining unless I have to on an expensive bike that then takes hours to clean. I could get a second bike I suppose but that then becomes even more expensive with double the costs. I think most bikers are now "of a certain age" probably due to cost as younger riders with a family simply can't afford what is a quite expensive hobby so unless they commute their only hope is that they have some some cash once the kids have grown up. This doesn't bode well for the bike industry in general having an aging clientele as we'll all have to stop riding at some stage. I'm going to keep going as long as I can as once I stop that'll probably be it

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1