10 Years, Number 1

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by DCS222, Feb 18, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. DaveJC

DaveJC Member

Dec 5, 2018
    norfok
    Likewise, the hit parade did not exist in the UK when I was born. The Mills Brothers were top of the billboard in 1943 which, I guess, was an American hit parade of the period. So you can't get away with it that easy - just google number one song in the year you weree born. It would have been played by UK radio stations.

2. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    UK radio stations in the early 50's? The Home Service and The Light Programme! Bing Crosby, Doris day, Mantovani, Gracie Fields, Vera Lynn, Billy Cotton Band Show with the wonderful Anne Shelton, Two-Way Family Favourites (replaced Forces Favourites), Pearl Carr and Teddy Johnson, Joe Loss and Ted Heath 'swing' bands, and the month I was born, Scouser Lita Roza with Allentown Jail (never heard of it till Auntie Google mentioned it just now). Oh, the memories.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DaveJC

DaveJC Member

Dec 5, 2018
    norfok
    Sadly I remember them all.....not only that I've got some of the records (now on computer) along with AC/DC, Blackberry Smoke and others)

• Like Like x 2
  4. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Hey you forgot the Singing Nun.....Dominique. lol

5. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Wow compared to mine there's some great stuff in there . I am not worthy. Lol