1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dartplayer

Dartplayer Crème de la Crème

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    My brother has been bugging me to go for the flat ride to scrub in 2 new tyres on his bike, since getting punctures and plugging them while touring. :poop: I normally like the twisties for a pleasure ride, but it was cool to be out with just the two of us, even if only highway riding.:p

glenn#1.png

Glenn#2.png

Glenn#3.png

50km to one of my favourite watering holes, for a quick bite and refreshment before heading back to avoid the Easter Weekend build-up of city traffic.

Glenn#4.png

Glenn#5.png

• Like Like x 13
  2. Dartplayer

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Heading back was good until the approach to Auckland, which at 2pm was already starting to fill the lanes and reduce speed to 80km. A bit of lane splitting and we were clear.:cool:

Glenn#11.png

Glenn#6.png

Glenn#9.png

Glenn#10.png

Glenn#7.png

Glenn#8.png

• Like Like x 8
  3. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Very cool, @Dartplayer! Love that plate on the V-Rod. :) How did you take the photos while riding? Are they from video?

4. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Nice one @Dartplayer How did you get on with the V Rod? it seems unusual he wanted you to go on a flat ride to scrub in the tyres, I'm assuming a flat ride mean on straight roads?

5. Wishbone

Wishbone First Class Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Essex UK
    Love the number plate;
    A VRod is the one Harley bike I would buy, a bike with an engine Designed by Porsche can't be all bad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Dartplayer

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    Thanks Sandi, onboard DVR for the shots. Battly was annoyed I left my phone at home, so no shots of the stop :worried:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Dartplayer

Aug 8, 2018
    New Zealand
    He wanted more highway riding than straight lines, flat with little camber. Was good to get out as the weather is patchy

8. Jadorff

Jadorff Noble Member

Apr 14, 2019
    Adelaide Australia
    nice ,I worked in new Zealand in1968 for nz road makers on draglines at turangi on the power sceam it was always raining a lot .

9. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    I never understood. They probably spent some big money at Porsche Engineering developing that engine. They only put it in the one bike. It was not that popular, so they just dropped it. As a company H-D seems to have zero creativity. Back to potato-potato-potato. ...J.D.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Wishbone

Wishbone First Class Member

Nov 4, 2018
    Essex UK
    I think being watercooled and having monstrous amounts of power was a bit too much for the traditionalists.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Wire-Wheels

Wire-Wheels Elite Member

Apr 26, 2019
    California - USA
    #11 Wire-Wheels, Apr 9, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    The split personality in H-D management is so bad it can be seen outside the boardroom. One personality wants to "think outside the box", while the more dominate corporate personality it afraid of change. Same thing happened with the Buell experiment. I worked in the background of the corporate world for decades...
    That organization is truly dysfunctional :) ...J.D.

• Agree Agree x 1