02 Bonneville Throttle Cable

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by La_leo, Oct 30, 2023.

1. La_leo

La_leo Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2023
    USA
    I attempted to re-install my carbs on my 02 Bonneville. The throttle cable closest to the airbox seems to be fine, and I have good throttle return from the spring on the carb. When I connect the throttle cable closest to the gas tank, I get absolutely no more throttle return. On the RAT forum, one user thought my bracket was bent. I don't see how that could be the case, but I will investigate further tomorrow. I did not drop the carbs and it seemed like they came off the bike pretty easy, so if they were bent I'm not sure how. The only thing I could think of it that my little boy twisted the throttle with the carb disconnected (just playing around). I wonder if that did not throw it out of adjustment. Yes, I realize in the photo I have the carb pushed into one intake. I just did this to photograph it.

20231029_151704.jpg

20231029_151710.jpg

2. La_leo

La_leo Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2023
    USA
    SUCCESS!!!!!! It's amazing what you can figure out when you take your time. It was simply the luck nut out of adjustment on the cable. I can't believe it was that simple. Now for some new bowl gaskets and fuel lines and I should be set!!!!

• Like Like x 1